Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #8,688 of 37,599
My daughter and her husband just arrived with my new Toys

From left to right

Sony XBA - H3 > Sony USB Dac cable WMC - NWH10 > Sony Walkman WMZ - ZX1 > 2 Dac Amp PHA2 > screen protector F ZX1

Alright Rudi, I'll bite..... Why 2 PHA-2s?  One for each ear?

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #8,689 of 37,599
I like how he's blaming family members for yet more new gear

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #8,691 of 37,599
Congrats Rudi, just a little request for comparing the synergy between each portable DAC listed below while connecting them to ALO Rx Mk3-B / iPad Air combo for driving Abyss AB-1266

Portable DAC : Cyberlabs class solo tactical edition (SE only)

Cyberlabs class - dB new version 2,00 volt version (both SE and balanced)
Theorem 720 (SE only)
PHA-2 (SE only)

It would be really great if you could test some Susan Wong music in DSD format with PHA-2 / Rx Mk3-B / Abyss AB-1266 and here's something useful for streaming DSD files natively via DoP from iPad Air to PHA-2 by adding the Camera Connection Kit

http://resonessencelabs.com/dsd-on-iphone-with-herus/

http://www.head-fi.org/t/682222/ios7-iphone-and-apple-cck/225#post_9949416

http://store.apple.com/id/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

http://store.apple.com/sg/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

Thanks a lot and looking forward to your great impressions soon.

Hi seeteeyou

Thank you
I will do the comparison by this week end

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #8,692 of 37,599
[/quote]
Alright Rudi, I'll bite..... Why 2 PHA-2s?  One for each ear?

Thank you ButtUglyJeff
One is for me and one is for my best friend , he always help me to buy from japan
Now is my turn help him to buy from japan
I feel so guilty he can not get the Walkman WMZ ZX1, because in all shops in Tokyo was sold out

I like how he's blaming family members for yet more new gear

Thank you doublea71
Please don't follow my way

Yeah, our parents gave us good ears for enjoying great music so we should know what the deal is.

Thank you seeteeyou
I like to hear the latest audio gear , the only way I must buy them
Maybe I have new power syndrome hahaha
Please don't follow my way , your wife would be angry

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #8,693 of 37,599
I was honestly kidding, Rudi. Forgive me for poking fun at you - I do admire you for not letting anybody's comments bother you while always being polite and well-mannered. You may be a headphone addict, but you are a good chap.

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #8,694 of 37,599
Dec 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #8,698 of 37,599
I swapped the connectors on one of my Heir Magnus cables tonight (no more memory wire, yay!) and while I was at it I removed the barrel from the angled Neutrik plug for it to better match my tiny IC.

Is there a cable OCD support group here on Head-Fi?

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #8,699 of 37,599
  I swapped the connectors on one of my Heir Magnus cables tonight (no more memory wire, yay!) and while I was at it I removed the barrel from the angled Neutrik plug for it to better match my tiny IC.

Is there a cable OCD support group here on Head-Fi?

Very nice work.....AND ...great minds think alike. I can't stand the memory wire and glasses/sunglasses. I replaced my 8.A Magnus end with the same type connector you did. Then the 4.A got this homebrew chop-shop connector:

And in the spirit of chopping up perfectly good Neutrik plugs - There's my DIY lightning digital dock for the M8 that I posted here before. This time a new one with  a super low-profile USB end and braided mil-spec SPC wire. Then a 4 pin Neutrik XLR modded to 'low profile" to make the M8 a little more pocket friendly. Dang, in hindsight I wish I had gone with the RSA connector as I only use the M8 with CIEM's. Also the bonus of not such a giant termination hanging off the CEIM cable. Less than half the size. Actually fits in my little Brainwavs IEM case now. 

The whole rig is a lot more pocket friendly

Oh, and Soren I nominate you president of OCD cable support group. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #8,700 of 37,599
Wow, seriously nice work! Glad to see I'm not the only one shortening everything as much as possible :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back