Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 13, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #10,606 of 37,634
I would buy one especially because it's only $14.99 but the output impedance is 16 ohms, that's pretty high and it makes most multi ba iem's unusable. Only full size cans would sound right in theory

But I haven't actually heard the go-dap gd-03 so I could be dead wrong

I think you might be wrong here...
The specs on the website state "Suitable Headphone Impedance" to be between 16ohms - 100 ohms. So, the Output impedance of the device ought to be pretty low.

Mar 13, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #10,608 of 37,634
I can't find out what the output impedance is - but I think it is pretty low - saw it somewhere, but can't remember - did a bit of research before I spent my $14....

But I am pretty sure it isn't 16ohms.

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #10,610 of 37,634
Hurray! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #10,612 of 37,634
Mar 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #10,615 of 37,634
My nite time Simple rigs

Source : ak 100 Final Audio Design Edition
Amp : Ko Jo KM 01 Brass Limited Edition 300 pcs
Headphone : LCD XC
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Cable Dream line series
SAA Endorphin balance 3 pin use Abyss adapter to balance 4 pin and use 4 pin to mini plug

High : very smooth and clear
Mid : very sweet tube like midrange , very clear and clean
Bass : very good impact and bass speed
Separation : very good music separation
Soundstage : like in small jazz room

Overall : with this set up , LCD XC sound so sweet and never get boring , I can listen for hours before sleep
This sound quality is like tube sound quality
For nite time mostly I use close headphone , that not disturb :Dmy wife :D

IMO

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #10,616 of 37,634
Thank you
Ko Jo can drive cans with lower impedance. Like Fostex TH 900 , LCD XC , Ultrasone Sig DJ and SIg Pro
In very good sound quality .

Did you Ko Jo has number on the battery cover , if yes should be the Same of 300 pcs limited edition .
My nite time Simple rigs

Source : ak 100 Final Audio Design Edition
Amp : Ko Jo KM 01 Brass Limited Edition 300 pcs
Headphone : LCD XC
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Cable Dream line series
SAA Endorphin balance 3 pin use Abyss adapter to balance 4 pin and use 4 pin to mini plug

High : very smooth and clear
Mid : very sweet tube like midrange , very clear and clean
Bass : very good impact and bass speed
Separation : very good music separation
Soundstage : like in small jazz room

Overall : with this set up , LCD XC sound so sweet and never get boring , I can listen for hours before sleep
For nite time mostly I use close headphone , that not disturb :Dmy wife :D

IMO

I got the Kojo km01 brass too (but not limited edition???) and thought that Kojo can only drive IEM (in my set up is Heir 4ai with Toxic Cable Silver Poison and UM Miracle with TC silver widow- the sweeter sound is the first one). Btw, very nice gigs.

Thanks Rudi, yes you are right my kojo has #216.

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #10,617 of 37,634
I got the Kojo km01 brass too (but not limited edition???) and thought that Kojo can only drive IEM (in my set up is Heir 4ai with Toxic Cable Silver Poison and UM Miracle with TC silver widow- the sweeter sound is the first one). Btw, very nice gigs.

Thank you
Ko Jo can drive cans with lower impedance. Like Fostex TH 900 , LCD XC , Ultrasone Sig DJ and SIg Pro
In very good sound quality .

Did you Ko Jo has number on the battery cover , if yes should be the Same of 300 pcs limited edition .

Mar 14, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #10,618 of 37,634
My nite time Simple rigs

.....with this set up , LCD XC sound so sweet and never get boring , I can listen for hours before sleep
For nite time mostly I use close headphone , that not disturb :Dmy wife
biggrin.gif

IMO

Very interesting...  I am indeed looking for a "non leaking" top quality headphone to complement my "very leaking" TH900, and I was thinking buying either an AlphaDOG or a SigPRO, because I understood that they leak much less than the XC.  

--> Do you consider the XC as a "non leaking" headphone ?  Do you think you could use it in bed near your wife sleeping ?

Mar 14, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #10,619 of 37,634
Sportapros arrived. My budget rig is complete (for now until I start modding).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back