Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #10,576 of 37,569
I actually never tried out. The MZ-NH1 sounds very good. It is a somewhat dark sounding device. Paired with the 3DD, wich itself tends to be on the brighter side... it sounds very nice. I like it much more than the sound of the DX50.

I will try to amp it with the E12DIY when I am at home :)
let me know because I am very interested in minidisc all the sudden after researching it

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #10,578 of 37,569
Oops sorry for not answering... It's kinda similar to the protective wrap rudi0504 is using, found a 140 cm roll on a sales market in my area. 10 SEK = about 1.50 USD. Better wrap that sh|t around all my gear
wink.gif

Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to making a custom protective case for my df 1.2 dac.
This anti slip mate is exactly what I use to wrap all my gear

Note : with the time can print out the dots on your amp body , that's why I use now cloth like shoe shine from the hotel

Good to know thanks!

Mar 12, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #10,580 of 37,569
My iPod Classic and my $14 GoDap in red - my first amp - lol. Kinda like it with my Westone 3's.

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #10,581 of 37,569
let me know because I am very interested in minidisc all the sudden after researching it

To my ears the sound amped, is pretty much the same with the E12DIY. Or lets say almost. To my ears it had less detail amped and over all something was missing.

However the LO itself, is maybe not a true LO. It comes out of the HO with the difference, that you have to switch some Setting in the menu from HO to LO. The other two are line-in ando optical in.

I like the unamped sound more.

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #10,582 of 37,569
To my ears the sound amped, is pretty much the same with the E12DIY. Or lets say almost. To my ears it had less detail amped and over all something was missing.

However the LO itself, is maybe not a true LO. It comes out of the HO with the difference, that you have to switch some Setting in the menu from HO to LO. The other two are line-in ando optical in.

I like the unamped sound more.
It might depend on the iem's or cans too

That is kind of cool/weird how the line out works, I would love to hear a minidisc player, isn't there some minidiscs that can hold as much space as a cd? I would love to load an album on one in wav format

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #10,583 of 37,569
It might depend on the iem's or cans too

That is kind of cool/weird how the line out works, I would love to hear a minidisc player, isn't there some minidiscs that can hold as much space as a cd? I would love to load an album on one in wav format

Actually my mz-nh1 is one of those. It is a hi-md recorder/player. It holds up to 1gb per disc. I actually put on WAV files and listened to them.

If you are looking for one, look for a hi-md player. Beware of the high disc-prices. The mz-rh1 is said to be the best of the minidisc players.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #10,584 of 37,569
Actually my mz-nh1 is one of those. It is a hi-md recorder/player. It holds up to 1gb per disc. I actually put on WAV files and listened to them.

If you are looking for one, look for a hi-md player. Beware of the high disc-prices. The mz-rh1 is said to be the best of the minidisc players.
Yeah I just looked at the disc prices for hi-md and WOW those aren't cheap! But regular minidiscs are pretty affordable

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #10,588 of 37,569
A new family member will be coming in soon (couldn't wait so I already updated my sig), but this is how the reference porta-rig is lookin' for the time being.

Kojaku

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #10,590 of 37,569

Users who are viewing this thread

Back