Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 2, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #10,368 of 37,643
Duets best pair With Class Solo original

Source : iPhone 4 s
Dac : Cypher Labs Class Solo Original
Amp: Cypher Labs Duet
Headphone : LCD 3 with SAA Endorphin balance 4 Pin , use adapter RSA balance

These set up is excellent , in Medium Gain can drive my LCD 3 at 10 o clock very laud
I never heard my LCD 3 sound quality so full like with this set up
IMO

Could you tell me whats the material you wrap the dac in blue ??

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #10,369 of 37,643

Here's my portable vacation rig for a week in Palm Springs. I chose my AKG 550s because the are easier to transport than my Mad Dogs. The Dac/Amp is Centrance DacPort connected to a Mac laptop via Wireworld USB and running Amarra/iTunes.

Mar 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #10,370 of 37,643
Calyx-M  +  TU-05 portable tube Amp .....   May be my next set-up ?  

I already own the TU-05, still hesitating between the AK240 and Calyx-M to feed the TU-05.

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #10,372 of 37,643
Todays rig:

Galaxy Note 3-->USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP)-->digital audio stream-->USB OTG adapter-->Dragonfly 1.2 utilising both DAC and amp components-->T5p.

Wonderful portable rig, the DF is basically in-line in this setting and completely pocketable. The sound is very good, and UAPP allows full control over the amp/analog volume control of the Dragonfly, also plays high-res if one cares about that. I don't particularly, but as you can see from the magenta colour this particular song is 24/96.

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #10,373 of 37,643
  Todays rig:

Galaxy Note 3-->USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP)-->digital audio stream-->USB OTG adapter-->Dragonfly 1.2 utilising both DAC and amp components-->T5p.

Wonderful portable rig, the DF is basically in-line in this setting and completely pocketable. The sound is very good, and UAPP allows full control over the amp/analog volume control of the Dragonfly, also plays high-res if one cares about that. I don't particularly, but as you can see from the magenta colour this particular song is 24/96.

Nice! I'm anxiously awaiting my df 1.2 to arrive :)

Picked up some klipsch s4 the other day just for the heck of it. Not bad, love the kick for techno but it does leave me wanting a more spacious sound like my hd598s :wink:

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #10,374 of 37,643
Hows the sound of the calyx m?? Howd you get r hands on one? Dying for some impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

This is obviously a photoshop...he says he is still hesitating.

Mar 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #10,375 of 37,643
Todays rig:

Hi Murray:)
Great looking porta...

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #10,376 of 37,643
I use this for my 4 hour daily commute

Iphone 5 -> Theorem 720 Dac/Amp -> Ultrasone Pro 900
Music controlled through Pebble Bluetooth Watch (first pic, left)

I charge the Theorem every 2 days, which automatically charges my phone.
Pebble watch lasts 8-9 days per charge. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #10,377 of 37,643
  Nice! I'm anxiously awaiting my df 1.2 to arrive :)

Picked up some klipsch s4 the other day just for the heck of it. Not bad, love the kick for techno but it does leave me wanting a more spacious sound like my hd598s :wink:

Thanks man! It's a really great little piece of kit, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Hi Murray:)
Great looking porta...

Hey man, how are you? Thanks, yours looks sharp too (and nice pic too).

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #10,378 of 37,643
Coffee break at Haagen Dazs

Source : AK 100
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Iem : Earsonic SM 64 V 1 , 112 Ohm

Impresion : Hugo pair With AK 100 via Bluetooth , like ww hear Any dap via Bluetooth
We can hear background noise , but The sound quality is The best from Bluetooth
DAP i Ever heard .

Note :
I just Found out that HUGO pair With idevice , like My iPad air , iPhone 5s
The connection take longer Time than Android phone like Samsung Note 3 or AK 100 / AK 120
And you see In Your iPad Air / iPhone 5s at The screen :
Connected
But The Sand clock always turn and turn like The Connection has not locked .
This make distorsion sound during We hear sound / music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back