Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 10, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #10,036 of 37,643

That is not true. Why would you ask if I ever used the bus or train? You're the one sounding harsh and quoting and replying to my post three times. Have you ever tried a high-end IEM, or a CIEM or a high-end IEM with custom molded ear tips? I assure you the results do not sound like rubbish on trains, busses, or airplanes. I am not judging you for your setup, just explain to me the fact that you use it in other rooms and etc. and I'll get it. No need for the consecutive quoting and attacks.

I apologize for quoting you consecutively. I just couldn't understand why someone would react so violently to another persons music preferences. Well anyway, lets just get past this and carry on with the thread. No hard feelings 
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #10,037 of 37,643

I apologize for quoting you consecutively. I just couldn't understand why someone would react so violently to another persons music preferences. Well anyway, lets just get past this and carry on with the thread. No hard feelings 
beerchug.gif

Not a problem at all, I am sorry too about the post. It was really just a silly misunderstanding blown out of proportion! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #10,038 of 37,643
Love my Parterre's!

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #10,041 of 37,643
Here's my portable rig. 5.5G iMod Used in and around my house, hotel, office. With open back headphones. DT880s 250ohm. 128GB SD card, plenty of lossless music. I see nothing wrong with it.
wink.gif
sounds awesome.

gyzyjyqu.jpg

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Have you tried other amps besides the E17?  

I like the E17 but don't like the button placement.  The top rubber band has to go somewhere and often ends up covering the Menu button on the E17.  

@DMinor I'm going to look into that amp and when I get some extra money I will be purchasing it. :D

I'm eventually going to hit the same amp DMinor suggested and the one he uses. But you are 100% right. The rubber bands and button placement is bad. Either the Ipod screen or buttons get covered up.

What attracted me to the Fiio E17 was the ability to equalize the bass AND treble. I enjoy a bump in the treble more than bass.

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #10,042 of 37,643
Yea read and write is pretty bad on mine. I think it's the iPods limit.. Been a while since I transferred music. @DMinor might have a better idea. He's using a 256GB CF card. May be a bit faster. And to him CF sounds better than SD card. I'd love to try it. And 256GB capacity would be awesome. Oh and I'm pairing my 5.5G iMod with a Fiio E17 amp and a silver LOD with no caps.

Wait, no caps? You mean the caps are in the iMod right? Can't be cap-less. 

I believe there are DC blocking caps bolt into the Fiio E17. The iMod is cap-less. I do have an ALO copper 18 LOD with caps. But I am using an all silver wire LOD with no caps direct to the E17.

duba8y6y.jpg

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #10,043 of 37,643
I believe there are DC blocking caps bolt into the Fiio E17. The iMod is cap-less. I do have an ALO copper 18 LOD with caps. But I am using an all silver wire LOD with no caps direct to the E17.

duba8y6y.jpg

Since, almost all amps have some kind of DC blocking caps, so doesn't this render the ALO Audio Copper 18 LOD useless ??!! Or maybe....even more constrictions in the audio path ??! >>because of DC blocking caps in the LOD and then again in the amp>>

Would you care to elaborate the differences b/w using a silver LOD (without caps) and the ALO Copper 18 LOD (with caps), from your imod to the E17, in terms of SQ?

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #10,044 of 37,643
Since, almost all amps have some kind of DC blocking caps, so doesn't this render the ALO Audio Copper 18 LOD useless ??!! Or even maybe....more constrictions in the audio path ??! >>because of DC blocking caps in the LOD and then again in the amp>>

Not 'almost all' at all!!

Both the quickstep and c5d that I have dont have!

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #10,048 of 37,643
  Love my Parterre's!

I love my Parterre also. A French head-fier informed me that  "Parterre" means "Front Row" in French.
May I know which whiplash are you using? I presume they improve the sound over the stock 001...

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #10,049 of 37,643
No they are not mine, I just want to share the pics (actually one of them is belong to Rudi) :p

Thank you Nico for sharing
I am falling in love with the Ko Jo Km 01 Tsugaru Blue special edition
I merited Tsugaru Blue directly and divorce my Ko Jo KM 01 brass edition
But don't worry my friend directly merry my Ko Jo KM 01 brass edition , because so beautiful my Ko Jo KM 01 Brass edition , within 10 minute already gone
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back