Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #10,067 of 37,584
@DMinor I'm going to look into that amp and when I get some extra money I will be purchasing it.
biggrin.gif

I'm eventually going to hit the same amp DMinor suggested and the one he uses. But you are 100% right. The rubber bands and button placement is bad. Either the Ipod screen or buttons get covered up.

What attracted me to the Fiio E17 was the ability to equalize the bass AND treble. I enjoy a bump in the treble more than bass.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Well I am not trying to influence you to buy that amp. Just want to mention that's an option, I mean a pretty neutral/transparent amp with a unique design feature (i.e. using no dc blocking caps yet capable of compensating at least 1.5 volts in my case). My personal preference is clean/neutral/transparent sounding with the least coloring added to the signal path. You can tell when that transparency hits the audio just opens up and music flows effortlessly and everything else is taken care by itself.

One thing I have benefited from listening to a transparent sounding source (dap/lod/amp all included) is I am able to identify and get rid of those poorly recorded albums.

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #10,070 of 37,584

While I can't compete with any of you on fidelity, my convenience factor is through the friggen roof! With Google Play AA, T-Mobile unlimited data and my Pebble watch hopefully showing up in the next week or so, I think it'll go up even more.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #10,071 of 37,584

While I can't compete with any of you on fidelity, my convenience factor is through the friggen roof! With Google Play AA, T-Mobile unlimited data and my Pebble watch hopefully showing up in the next week or so, I think it'll go up even more.

It's not a competition - if you dig what you've got, you're doing better than a lot of people who are never, ever satisfied, even after spending $2K+...

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #10,073 of 37,584

Oh, I dig my stuff very much. You do have a fine point there.

I have a One. I love it. Great phone, sounds great too. After I first got into DAC/Amp combos, I said I'd never disrespect my headphones with stock chips, but the HTC One has had me eating my words a bit.

Kojaku

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #10,077 of 37,584
Feb 12, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #10,078 of 37,584
So I switched out the Tralucent cable (which was not for me unfortunately), dropped the hybrids back to 6N silver plated copper and changed the source.

I'm enjoying this more I'm afraid? With the Sony Walkman NWZ-F806 series over the Studio V 3rd Anv. The Studio can perform, just not with these hybrids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back