Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #7,967 of 37,674
  Me too

Can I come along? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #7,969 of 37,674

Hey music.... how many portable setups do you have?

Can you rate their SQ? My current setups tell me that HM901 balance is still the king...

I have some (maybe considered many..but not too many), personally, for my serious listening/enjoyment, i much prefer to use ipod+dac+amp, than my DAPs. DAPs are good, but to me personally, i (much) prefer the sound from my combos. And for the head/ear phones, between this two models, i prefer to use full size cans while at home - but sometimes i also enjoy IEMs too, occasionally. When i listen to music, the MIDS is the most important part for me, followed by clarity and accuracy of the tone. I don't mind if it's warm or darker sig, as long as they can achieve those i mentioned, i think still enjoyable to me. So if asked me to rate, actually is kind hard for me to say this and that is no1 or no2, because every music has different colors, so some might good with this, and some with that 
biggrin.gif
, but based on my personal taste, here's some of my fav that i listen currently:

HifiM8 - with HD650 / ATH3000ANV / Parterre / HD800 (M8 almost can drive anything with good)
Theorem - with DT1350 / Parterre / HD800
IPC/Theorem/Glacier - with my T1 - this combo drives T1 with satisfaction IMO.
IPC/HPP1/Glacier - with my HD800
IPC/CLASdb/Glacier - with my HD650 and TG334
HPP1 - with ATH3000ANV
AK120 - with UM3xRC / S-EM6
Tera - with Parterre / W4R
HM901 (with minibox card) - Parterre / DT1350 - i think the best one is with DT1350, there's a nice synergy going on between the two.
--- The HM901 is actually nice, but i feel like they don't really there for IEMs. I feel like the volume step is a bit too much (means powerful) for IEMs especially the sensitive one. Not sure with other card, but i feel like HM901 is better to go with 50ohm - 100ohm of impedance. I could be wrong though, this my personal opinion only. They do have capabilities of driving cans like HD650, but if i compared with my combos above, i much prefer them to HM901. But with DT1350...i feel like they meant to be together. It's a perfect match.

-- i have some more combinations, but at the moment, those above i use more often. :)

He can open a headphone shop with all of his collections.

biggrin.gif
 good idea !

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #7,971 of 37,674
  we should gather sometimes with head-fi folks....listen music..and have some beers...i think is great ! 
biggrin.gif

Great idea, on the way very soon. (Kemang Common People ok?)

Can I come along? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, next trip to my favorite country is within the next 2 weeks. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #7,973 of 37,674
muzic4life
You are an awesome dude...I wish i have all those gear... Right now just enjoying this process of upgrade at a very slow pace......(measuring against the non-audiophile time scale)

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #7,975 of 37,674
Nov 9, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #7,978 of 37,674
My two best portable set up with Abyss 1266

Source : IPhone 4 S mod
Dac / Amp : Hi Fi M8 RSA version
Cyberlabs Theorem 720 dac
Cable : Lod to USB diy
Moon Audio Silver Dragon v1

SQ : these two are two beet dac amp for I device to drive my Abyss

Note : Abyss is herd to drive headphone planar , it is harder than my LCD 3 , the best set up if I use my desktop set up , desktop set up can make Abyss to the max their SQ

IMO

Nov 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #7,980 of 37,674
My friend Analog Paper Tube Headphone Amp TU - 05 special Edition

Colour : champagne Gold
Special request : 6,3 mm headphone connector
4 Pin Balance connector
Because if these 2 connectors now the body from TU - 05 is longer than stock

Congrats Bohringer for your new SE TU - 05 , looks so beautiful :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back