Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #7,261 of 37,671
Hi all

Thank you for your suggestion
I haven't heard HiFi M8 yet
My friend told me Hi Fi has to much power for iems , it is very good for driving high impedance headphones
Is that correct ?

Hi Rudi,

I am using my FitEar TG!334 with the Hifi M8 LX and there is no hiss! This is with the lowest setting for gain. It is definitely suitable for iems if you ask me. Much better than the Theorem 720 and ALO RX Mk3 B+. Of course, it is also excellent for hard to drive headphones!

You have to buy this M8 
etysmile.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #7,262 of 37,671
Hi Rudi,

I am using my FitEar TG!334 with the Hifi M8 LX and there is no hiss! This is with the lowest setting for gain. It is definitely suitable for iems if you ask me. Much better than the Theorem 720 and ALO RX Mk3 B+. Of course, it is also excellent for hard to drive heaphones!

You have to buy this M8 :etysmile:  

Thank you Alan
Hopely next week I can hear the demo unit at Jaben Indonesia :D

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #7,264 of 37,671
Hi all

Thank you for your suggestion
I haven't heard HiFi M8 yet
My friend told me Hi Fi has to much power for iems , it is very good for driving high impedance headphones
Is that correct ?

Michael is offering a factory mod, to make the HiFi-M8 far more quiet/dark with IEMs/CIEMs.  Its called the "IronLung Mod", after our Russian Head-Fier.  Just mention that, if you're interested... 

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #7,265 of 37,671
  Question:

Are dedicated players (Rocoo, iBasso, etc) better than standard iPhone/Android + amp configurations? The majority of the players have horrendous reviews.

Do those massive "portable" stacks give you better sound than a single higher end dedicated unit? I'd be annoyed if I had to plug in 2-3 devices even while sitting with my laptop, never mind walking around with that.

A portable stack will be capable of giving you a better SQ. This is quite logical, first of all, the components are separated and the price per component can get higher than any DAP. 
However, they are often more transportable than portable. And many DAPs have very good SQ, atleast more than good enough for listening on the road. Right now I'm using the iBasso DX50, and I'm very satisfied.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #7,266 of 37,671
So what do you think guys, my buddy just broke down and finally bought himself a pair of JH Pro13 (from RE-Zero's) and I'm telling him he needs to dump the Sandisk and Shadow in favor of an A&K 100? He went over budget rig when he retailed that Shadow and for sure with the JH's. I would think the A&K 100 would be a monstrous leap from the Sandy/Shadow no? 

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #7,267 of 37,671
  So what do you think guys, my buddy just broke down and finally bought himself a pair of JH Pro13 (from RE-Zero's) and I'm telling him he needs to dump the Sandisk and Shadow in favor of an A&K 100? He went over budget rig when he retailed that Shadow and for sure with the JH's. I would think the A&K 100 would be a monstrous leap from the Sandy/Shadow no? 

if I'm correct, the shadow is a portable amp, If so then he will here a somewhat difference, otherwise he would be better off with a DAP that fits his needs (I.E. his sansa)

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #7,268 of 37,671

Sell the shadow and buy the dx50

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #7,269 of 37,671

Monstrous? I think not but it will match the form factor more or less... What I think will be a problem is the output impedance of AK100 that will alter the sound of your friends' multi BA JH13.
I have not heard the pairing so I can't comment on it, but if your friend wants safer options but a bigger dap then the DX50 is plausible. Me? I'll stick with the AK100, thank you
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #7,270 of 37,671
  A portable stack will be capable of giving you a better SQ. This is quite logical, first of all, the components are separated and the price per component can get higher than any DAP. 
However, they are often more transportable than portable. And many DAPs have very good SQ, atleast more than good enough for listening on the road. Right now I'm using the iBasso DX50, and I'm very satisfied.

Not only components (circuits) are separated, also the power supply is separated. Thus cleaner circuit and power.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #7,273 of 37,671
Any recommendations on the best portable amp for a HD800?

The best I had heard the HD800 with a portable is on the HM901 with a discrete amp board (diy board tuned partially for k702). It sounded a tad nicer than with the quad-opa627 balanced amp board, which is also quite good. For my HD800 I like the 901 with either of these amp board better over the ak120 with international or rs71b.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #7,274 of 37,671
  my Strongest recommandation is The Intruder...best portable amp out there
Of course there is also Mk3-B+ but I had Mk3B but not plus, but for me The Intruder for me...and 71b

I have an MK2 but hoping to do better, I'll check out the Intruder.

The best I had heard the HD800 with a portable is on the HM901 with a discrete amp board (diy board tuned partially for k702). It sounded a tad nicer than with the quad-opa627 balanced amp board, which is also quite good. For my HD800 I like the 901 with either of these amp board better over the ak120 with international or rs71b.

Thanks for the advice.  901 is new to me, so I have to do a little research.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #7,275 of 37,671
  I have an MK2 but hoping to do better, I'll check out the Intruder.

Thanks for the advice.  901 is new to me, so I have to do a little research.

MK3 is powerful amp in my opinion, it'll drive most of the PM headphone and HD800 easily.
To my ear, MK3 is bright compare to the Intruder.  The Intruder has warmth and darker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back