Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #7,279 of 37,619

Simple but lovable setup.
iPod Classic 7G > LOD > Ibasso CB06 > Fiio E07k > Vmoda M-80/Shure se535 LE :)

I suggest you make a LOD using the slim Pailiccs plug (yeah the most difficult plug I have worked with so far). It will make it more portable and that slim Pailiccs plug is a heck of nice looking (high quality too).

The Pailiccs plug shown in your pic is the updated version I believe to make it easier for soldering.

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #7,280 of 37,619

I suggest you make a LOD using the slim Pailiccs plug (yeah the most difficult plug I have worked with so far). It will make it more portable and that slim Pailiccs plug is a heck of nice looking (high quality too).

The Pailiccs plug shown in your pic is the updated version I believe to make it easier for soldering.

Thanks for the suggestion my friend :D I did consider that before but however I would prefer to have the LOD separated from the Interconnect itself just in case, because sometimes i would use my ICs on other systems/rigs as well and making it proprietary and solely for the iPod may not be a practical choice. 

Cheers 
beerchug.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #7,283 of 37,619
My commute / gym set up.   I used only the Clip+ for a while but it sounded a bit lacking with the TF-10's, adding the protector sorted that out totally, it's got much better authority and detail now.   I need to recable the ciems with a Kobicon connector at some point to see how that sounds.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #7,286 of 37,619
I love the colour scheme from the tpeos h200+translucent+dx50

I'm waiting on a new (white) cable to arrive for those purple shells (RDB v1 Mini) which cost double the price of those H-200, but until that arrives the T-Peos cable connectors kind of steal the show. ;p

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #7,289 of 37,619
Michael is offering a factory mod, to make the HiFi-M8 far more quiet/dark with IEMs/CIEMs.  Its called the "IronLung Mod", after our Russian Head-Fier.  Just mention that, if you're interested... 

And I will wait for the good news and your impression of the M8 :D

Hi All
Thank you for your information
I wish like my Wagnus is dead silent for iems and low impedance headphones
M8 would be perfect for me with big power and no hiss

Hi Alan
Your M8 is XL version , that's mean can use only with optical line In only with dap like ak 100 ?

Is any SQ different between lx and non lx versions ?lo

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #7,290 of 37,619

Tried it out last night and today. So far the highs are a bit too much. Doesn't sound neutral at all. I just got the phone 2 days ago. Don't know if it still has to break in. It's clear as hell, just too heavy on the highs.

I actually like using the JVC Marshmallows more at the moment since it sounds a bit more full. 

I'm on a budget so at the moment these will have to do. Will be looking for another pair of cans soon to match it up with the 5c. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back