Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 14, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #6,061 of 37,664
What...the actual hell IS that? 
size]
Isn't that the PRM tuning machine or whatever you call it?

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #6,063 of 37,664
Quote:
Clip+ > Amperior

This sounds way better than it should.

(http://vminnovations.com/search/index.html?q=Amperior)

Mike

I can only imagine it sounds great. I love the Amperior! it goes well with almost any source and does not need an amplifier. Such a great punch and attack in its sound. My favorite portable headphone at the moment.

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #6,065 of 37,664
Quote:
@spurxiii, I set the ipod vol to 90%, its loud enough for me, since the T50RP only 50 ohm.

For me its just under my ideal listening volume at full power, but the sound lacks bass and the mids are congested, even via my JDS Labs C5 it isn't too open sounding

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #6,066 of 37,664
I'm currently driving them with my C5 and it doesn't sound that great. I'm looking at a IBasso PB2 as they supposedly pump out 2500mw so it should be adequate to drive the orthos. Plus they have the option to go fully balanced also

I've heard good things about the Ibasso option, and that Dan recommends them also. If you want a cheap alternative, the FiiO E12 can push the MD too.

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #6,067 of 37,664
Quote:
I've heard good things about the Ibasso option, and that Dan recommends them also. If you want a cheap alternative, the FiiO E12 can push the MD too.

That's great because I've just ordered the PB2 and now looking at the HiFlight topkit

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #6,070 of 37,664
Quote:
What is that amp? And how does it perform?

I see it on a daily, but never figured out what it was.
tongue.gif

It is a DIY Cmoy with the LME4522 opamp.  It is very powerful (even more so than the Pico Power).  However, it is a bit brighter than the Pico.  I use it to drive my T1 on-the-go.  When I had the ALO RxMK3b, I did a side by side comparison.  My DIY amp is way more musical and has better coherence between the mids and the highs.  It is driven by 4 Nokia Li-Ion batteries.  One full charge lasts 48 hours on IEM and around 24 hours when used with full-sized cans.  However, to get to full from empty requires 8 - 10 hours of charging.

It sounds warm with great treble body and extension.  A bit too great, at times.

Bass slam is about two degrees softer than the RxMk3b.  

Its soundstage is about the same as that of the ALO RxMK3b.

While very portable, it is on the heavier side of things.  Weighs 570 grams.

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #6,071 of 37,664
It is a DIY Cmoy with the LME4522 opamp.  It is very powerful (even more so than the Pico Power).  However, it is a bit brighter than the Pico.  I use it to drive my T1 on-the-go.  When I had the ALO RxMK3b, I did a side by side comparison.  My DIY amp is way more musical and has better coherence between the mids and the highs.  It is driven by 4 Nokia Li-Ion batteries.  One full charge lasts 48 hours on IEM and around 24 hours when used with full-sized cans.  However, to get to full from empty requires 8 - 10 hours of charging.

It sounds warm with great treble body and extension.  A bit too great, at times.

Bass slam is about two degrees softer than the RxMk3b.  

Its soundstage is about the same as that of the ALO RxMK3b.

While very portable, it is on the heavier side of things.  Weighs 570 grams.

Ahh! That sounds pretty damn sweet!

To think its ran by a cmoy circuit, haha..

Do you happen to sell them? (Just curious, nothing more:)

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #6,075 of 37,664
Just a quick shot of the Budget-Fi rig I bought for my brother :wink:
He is pretty happy with it and kicked his crappy old IEMs in the trash rightaway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back