Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 7, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #5,896 of 37,658
My journey started when my wife broke my cheapish UE700s a couple of months back and a search for a replacement brought me to Headfi. One thing led to another and now I got all this gear. Since reading this particular thread inspired me to buy my gear I'd thought I'd contribute. I didn't think my UE900 sounded veiled in the mid range until I got my HE500s. Now I have on order GR07 bass editions. Hope they are ok.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #5,898 of 37,658
asesa4u5.jpg

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #5,899 of 37,658
Quote:
There it is, close the thread. The portable audio gods have spoken.

I can proudly say you're all wasting your time, the journey of an audiophile stops here..
tongue_smile.gif

Is that a J3?  It was disappointing to my ears when I owned it. It has colored sounding even with all EQ's turned off. Clarity is bad. I even preferred a stock 5g at that time. Anyways that's just me. But I am glad you enjoy it so much tho.

That case looks good.
normal_smile .gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #5,903 of 37,658
Is that a J3?  It was disappointing to my ears when I owned it. It has colored sounding even with all EQ's turned off. Clarity is bad. I even preferred a stock 5g at that time. Anyways that's just me. But I am glad you enjoy it so much tho.

That case looks good.
normal_smile%20.gif

Of course you did. :tongue_smile: Yes, it's a J3. I like it, it has an acquired taste, something about the slight warmth it displays I enjoy. it won't blow you away with detailing levels, I have other DAP's for that, but in saying that J3 is very smooth, music flows nicely, I very much leant away from 5G iPod Video or Classic I owned, mine was out the door pretty quickly after trying one. The J3 however is staying!

Maybe we could put your 5G up against one of my other players? Say... Studio V? :wink:

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #5,905 of 37,658
You own a few 5G iPods? You should mod one up and possibly start a small tour, get the word out and let others experience these mods you're doing!

I'd be in for a demo.

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #5,909 of 37,658
Due to national holiday in my country, they can not deliver my stuffs to me until next Tuesday..so i ask my friend try it..sound very promising ! Can't wait to receive them on my hand and try them my self !

Btw..here's the picture...(sent from my friend this afternoon)

KOJO Technology Amp - limited to 300 units only - 100% full copper body.

With shure 846

I am planning to pair this amp/iem with my ipod and my new coming Tera Player. Hope i like it. Will report back with photos and more impression once i received it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back