Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #5,791 of 37,648
I put my 2.5inch rig inside my big Tumi shoulder bag when going to work, and in my backpack over the weekend. I would not parade around with it to avoid unnecessary questions. Anyway, life is too short to worry about what other ppl thinks. If you do, your cellphone can already play music....

I commute daily by train and bus and proud to say, I carry a stack. Its not visible as I carry a messenger bag daily for my paperwork and files. You're right, life is too short to think about what other people would think. You paid for your gear. Not the OTHERS!

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #5,792 of 37,648
Quote:
I commute daily by train and bus and proud to say, I carry a stack. Its not visible as I carry a messenger bag daily for my paperwork and files. You're right, life is too short to think about what other people would think. You paid for your gear. Not the OTHERS!

I carried one for a while, but I want something I can put in a pocket. It's easier to access the player that way, especially since I wear a backpack most of the time.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #5,793 of 37,648
Quote:

Damn straight 
beerchug.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #5,794 of 37,648
I carried one for a while, but I want something I can put in a pocket. It's easier to access the player that way, especially since I wear a backpack most of the time.

I don't alway carry a thick stack. Today, I just had the iphone and iems. It depends on my morning mood. When I have the thick stack in my messenger bag, access is also easy. Again, its all good. Single or multiple stack, all good.

Aug 2, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #5,795 of 37,648
I actually consider 2" to be quasi portable, because mine is only 1.5" thick including everything. I don't blame you. :wink_face:

Nah we are not talking about 6", not even 2", because it doesn't have to be that thick to be sounding excellent if you got it right.

Now making yourself look like a complete idiot in public is nothing compared to making yourself look like a terrorist with a bomb, and you might get shot by a security force when told to lay down the "weapon" but you can't hear.

Ha ha to the last comment. As for looking an idiot in public. I have a news flash. No one is looking! No one could give a rats flash about your "rig". That's not meant as an unpleasant comment BTW. It's just that as a 57 yr old it has been both disappointing and liberating to realise that you don't have to be concerned what strangers think about you.
As to carrying something around that would not look out of place in a research facility. No thanks. Just my iPhone and super slim Arrow for me. What other members choose to carry around is entirely their choice as what I say above equally applies to me! :)

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #5,796 of 37,648
I work in a high security area ( police building) and have been stopped about 8 times by the security and police officer what I have in my hand, they weren't scary more curious, I'm using a AK100 and a X02 amp with my ASG-2

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #5,797 of 37,648
Quote:
I work in a high security area ( police building) and have been stopped about 8 times by the security and police officer what I have in my hand, they weren't scary more curious, I'm using a AK100 and a X02 amp with my ASG-2

Well, let's be honest, our amps do look a bit like concealed explosives. 
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #5,798 of 37,648
Quote:
Well, let's be honest, our amps do look a bit like concealed explosives. 
wink.gif

Especially when you're pressing buttons frantically rushing to a certain song!
tongue_smile.gif

Imagine someone assuming it's a bomb... they snatch you're rig and smash it to pieces... then they ask questions...
frown.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #5,799 of 37,648
Quote:

Just make sure you hear when they ask you "Don't move".

Quote:

Imagine someone assuming it's a bomb... they snatch you're rig and smash it to pieces... then they ask questions...
frown.gif

In that case they may snatch only after you are shot if you don't respond to " Put that thingy down and your both hands behind your head".

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #5,800 of 37,648
Especially when you're pressing buttons frantically rushing to a certain song!
tongue_smile.gif

frown.gif

Haha, just stare at them blankly and get teary of the death of your rig. I would. :frowning2:

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #5,801 of 37,648

My portable rig Ak 120 > 1964 ears Quads.
Planing to get an amplifier but i don't quite know what to get. Can anyone reccomend me one? I listen to classic rock and heavy metal , so maybe some amp that will help with those generes of muisc?

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #5,802 of 37,648
Quote:

My portable rig Ak 120 > 1964 ears Quads.
Planing to get an amplifier but i don't quite know what to get. Can anyone reccomend me one? I listen to classic rock and heavy metal , so maybe some amp that will help with those generes of muisc?

I find the AK120 really does not need one. Otherwise go to the AK120 thread, there are many recommendations (RSA 71A, Pico Slim, Pico Power, Tralucent T1, etc.)

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #5,803 of 37,648
New Toy arrived today......AK120 
bigsmile_face.gif

AK120 currently with my Tzar 350 - Now this is a nice sound :) I really cant believe how much of a step up the AK120 is from the AK100. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back