Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #5,777 of 37,570
I put my 2.5inch rig inside my big Tumi shoulder bag when going to work, and in my backpack over the weekend. I would not parade around with it to avoid unnecessary questions. Anyway, life is too short to worry about what other ppl thinks. If you do, your cellphone can already play music....

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #5,779 of 37,570
Quote:
^ Yeah I was being generous on the size. My actual, truly portable rig is a little less than 1-inch thick.

And yeah you can have a small system that sounds good, but I ain't shelling out $500+ USD on those super duper "audiophile" players. I think the upcoming FiiO X3 is the maximum I'll spend on an actual, truly portable media player. I tried the DX100 and wasn't too impressed by it for being a whopping $830 USD. I was expecting sheer awesome sound and I found it to be only good.

I consider an ipod (video or classic) size with an amp up to 3/4" thick to be practically portable, using an well-designed amp wallet.

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #5,780 of 37,570
Quote:
I'd rather carry around a 2-inch thick rig that sounds good than a 6-inch one that has super duper sound quality and makes me look like a complete idiot in public.

I agree

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #5,785 of 37,570
Quote:
I wish Alo has another version of that amp wallet made of quality leather. With that said, it's good enough for portability of your gear.

That's more a Black Star issue.  I don't think they do anything in leather...

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #5,787 of 37,570
Quote:

That's more a Black Star issue.  I don't think they do anything in leather...

True but Alo could ask BS to use the material desired. I asked BS and they don't seem reluctant to sell custom directly. Last time BS contacted Alo to put some of those wallets back for sale from Alo's web instead of selling to me directly.

Quote:

Ah.  I guess mine isn't cool enough to talk about.  Kidding.  More pics for future reference.  Fits the International like a glove.  

Cool. Do they have color in pink?
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #5,790 of 37,570
Quote:
I wish Alo has another version of that amp wallet made of quality leather. With that said, it's good enough for portability of your gear.

Yeah leather would be nice .  I almost got this Nite-Ize leather holster but went with the ALO Black Star Wallet instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back