Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #4,051 of 37,661
Sorted then! I know the FAW cables are very well made! 
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #4,052 of 37,661
Quote:
This pouch - what is it and where did you get it?  I like................

OK, here's what I have found for you and TrollD
biggrin.gif

http://www.niteize.com/collection/mobile-device-accessories.asp 

Loaded up with C421 & Nano 7th Gen

May 13, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #4,053 of 37,661
Quote:
OK, here's what I have found for you and TrollD
biggrin.gif

http://www.niteize.com/collection/mobile-device-accessories.asp 

Loaded up with C421 & Nano 7th Gen

Oh, man, you rock.  Thank you very much! 

May 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #4,057 of 37,661
My simple Rig:

May 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #4,060 of 37,661
Quote:
How many hours are you getting from your CK4? Which audio formats are you using?

i have no clue on how long.  i usually charge it overnight.

I use flac and mp3 320kb

May 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #4,061 of 37,661
i have no clue on how long.  i usually charge it overnight.

I use flac and mp3 320kb

I think I'd be lucky to get 6 - 7 hours from mine running FLAC, I'm not sure if the battery is aging but sometimes with heavy use I was charging twice a day to make sure it would get me through the day / night. I have an upgrade battery coming which should increase the run time by 50%, (if it makes it through customs)

Btw: You can take CK4 to a whole new level by adding the little C&C BH amp taking advantage of the line out jack, that was my main rig for sometime.

May 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #4,062 of 37,661
Quote:
I think I'd be lucky to get 6 - 7 hours from mine running FLAC, I'm not sure if the battery is aging but sometimes with heavy use I was charging twice a day to make sure it would get me through the day / night. I have an upgrade battery coming which should increase the run time by 50%, (if it makes it through customs)

Btw: You can take CK4 to a whole new level by adding the little C&C BH amp taking advantage of the line out jack, that was my main rig for sometime.

i use a pico slim if i use the LO.  But the slim is strapped to an ipod mini....which I think sounds better than the HO of the ck4.  using the line out's it a toss up. The mini has a slightly warmer presentation than the ck4.  Line out via the ck4 and pico is on the cooler side.

May 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #4,063 of 37,661
i use a pico slim if i use the LO.  But the slim is strapped to an ipod mini....which I think sounds better than the HO of the ck4.  using the line out's it a toss up. The mini has a slightly warmer presentation than the ck4.  Line out via the ck4 and pico is on the cooler side.

Yes, the headphone out is fairly average, there's good clarity, very rich mid range but rather unbalanced with many IEM's, I actually prefer C3 as a stand alone player.

CK4 / BH also leans cool which is towards my preferences.

May 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #4,064 of 37,661
So your saying that the ipod using line out is on the same level in performance as the ck4 using line out? But the sound signature is warmer right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back