1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ringingears, Oct 26, 2012.
  1. jmills8
    Ha , I will never demo that. Come out saying its better than the more expensive dx220 ?

2. gazzington
    Lol I know. I was waiting for you to tell them!

jmills8 likes this.
  3. David Kleinfeld
    More transportable than portable but was experimenting Tera & WA8. Works very well together.
    [​IMG]

4. gazzington
    How does the tera compare soundwise to the lotoo and hifiman players?

5. David Kleinfeld
    LPGT is absolutely great, but Tera is one of my favorite, I enjoy listening to it more. It reproduces sound in a way which makes it more natural than LPGT , Hifiman is also very good in this respect but to me a bit more fatiguing to listen as more bassy. I read recently some post of people who bought Tera when it started stating that at that time it was one of the best but not the best. Best is very subjective, but to me using relatively recent IEMs and comparing with other flagship daps I can say its sound is certainly one of the most pleasing I have heard.

6. gazzington
    Thank you for your reply. I have the lpgt which I like very much but am considering the tera. What iems do you find work well with it?

NotKunvinced likes this.
  7. jmills8
    R2R bassy ? It has bass , but it aint bassy. I paired it with the th900 which is bassy and the Sony 1R which is bassy and niether were that bassy.

8. David Kleinfeld
    Fw10000 works best for me with an upgrade on the cable. U18t also is a great pairing. Anyway, if you can I recommend you try first before buying.

9. David Kleinfeld
    Comparatively hifiman has more sub bass , that is just my perception and some may prefer it this way indeed. I enjoy hifiman very much but for long session I prefer tp as I find it more relaxing. Again I acknowledge it is very subjective.

10. karloil
    Making things as simple as possible :wink:

20191002_110306.jpg

fokta, snapple10 and Light - Man like this.
  11. jmills8
    R2R , TH900
    20191007_162321.jpg

12. F700
    Fibae Black & Calyx M
    IMG_20191007_233124.jpg

13. subguy812
    Layla Aion...Kann Cube
    20191007_192030.jpg

KhunChang and DatDudeNic like this.
  14. DONTGIVEUP
    Aiwa walkman with JVC HA-FX101.

I’m kinda surprised for a type 1 cassette the tape is almost black and translucent considering that what should be in a type 2/4 reel.

Also the volume out is so loud on this long I just had to move the volume dial a few mm to get adequate volume.

DB2C7F42-143F-4B59-8111-8D7E63DD5A50.jpeg 77DC8139-C0E3-4F43-A1EA-CFBECB059D55.jpeg DF28CEFF-CC16-4AED-8E45-096FEB5BA025.jpeg

jumpa, zr0dfx, fokta and 5 others like this.
  15. Podster
    Broadcasting.JPG

fokta, Arghavan and Redcarmoose like this.