Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Oct 9, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #28,666 of 37,569
I'm not 100% sure but I think there is some kind of penalty or Cardinal Rule about putting these together as a rig:fearful:

Love it podster! You can buy the whole package for about £1500. Lol £50 in the dap

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #28,667 of 37,569
Love it podster! You can buy the whole package for about £1500. Lol £50 in the dap

Hey now, let's don't discount that sweet (under appreciated) Xduoo XQ-10 amp there buddy:rolling_eyes: LOL However the combo still only cost $65.60 in comparison to that $1499, of course for me the Polaris II sounds better on it than the Solaris and that would seem a little more reasonable since from early on in my Audio Enthusiast life the majority of funds always seemed to go to the speakers:thinking: Truth be told this little $41 rig is better listening than 99% of the buying public will ever listen too:astonished:

Fine 41.JPG

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #28,668 of 37,569
While I'm blowing skirts up I've tried everything I've got with these and for me they are or would not even be worth $300:scream: Oh no he deent:open_mouth: The Atlas just does not do a thing for me and I know a whole heaping crowd loves them but it just goes to show how differently we all hear them, of course 50 people in this thread alone have determined Pod can't hear:rolling_eyes:

Rivers Runs Thru It.JPG

You just never know what YOU will hear on any given day and any given rig! Of the 3 CA's I've been enjoying the least expensive one suits my taste far better than the two $1K plus models:thinking: WARNING: Opinion subject to change without prior notice:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The CA Story-ville.JPG

We are still on the Portable Rig thread right:grin:

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #28,669 of 37,569
Hey now, let's don't discount that sweet (under appreciated) Xduoo XQ-10 amp there buddy:rolling_eyes: LOL However the combo still only cost $65.60 in comparison to that $1499, of course for me the Polaris II sounds better on it than the Solaris and that would seem a little more reasonable since from early on in my Audio Enthusiast life the majority of funds always seemed to go to the speakers:thinking: Truth be told this little $41 rig is better listening than 99% of the buying public will ever listen too:astonished:

Lol apologies I missed the

lol apologies I missed the amp. Why do you prefer the Polaris? Ahh classic Sony iem. Best £6 I ever spent.

Oct 9, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #28,670 of 37,569
Lol apologies I missed the

lol apologies I missed the amp. Why do you prefer the Polaris? Ahh classic Sony iem. Best £6 I ever spent.

Just seems to have a fuller sound for me and of course compared to the upper models they are much warmer but for me I prefer warm to critical as I'm not sitting behind a sound board working sliders:rolling_eyes: Now before the cage rattlers get going remember this is just Pods old ears and hearing for reference but honestly for the price these can't be beat, my apologies to anyone with small ears:frowning2:

What A Rush.JPG

Oct 9, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #28,671 of 37,569
IMG_2979.jpeg

Oct 9, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #28,673 of 37,569
DX160 & Quatre 01.jpg

Fully burned-in and basking in such lavishness.

DX160>plusSound X8 Silver+Gold>JOMO Quatre

The new DX160 is mighty in dynamics and clarity, sounding incredibly high-end. It has a full and complete sound that I'm really digging.

Oct 10, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #28,677 of 37,569
I make no claims about the audiophile credentials of the Switch Lite as a source, but this game(Sayonara Wild Hearts), as the kids say, slaps.
Will audibly slap even better with an es100 or btr3 connected via USB to serve your audio needs. That audio jack is horrendous, and I always plug in my btr3 to handle audio duties to play my wonderful Switch games

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #28,680 of 37,569

Users who are viewing this thread

Back