Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #2,221 of 37,780
Quote:
Recieved some gear through from Rhapsodio which made it into a few rigs!

First up iPod Classic to Rhapsodio Z2 BTL Balanced Amp to Lear LCM 5 with OCC Copper Cable (4 braid) with BTL Connector:

and then we have the Nexus 7 USB OTG too MyST PortaDAC 1866 to Starkey Tunz Trio with the 8 braid OCC copper Rhapsdio Cable!

Great looking amp. I m so curious how it stands next to Ray Samuels Shadow. Is it smaller?

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #2,223 of 37,780
I may pick one up so I can have a portable balanced rig.....
Quote:
I love the Zippo amp. So much I may have to get one!

Here is my ultraportable sonic bliss.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #2,224 of 37,780
I am not sure compared to the shadow. Its the same size as a zippo lighter ehehehehhe :wink: No it is a tad thicker than a digizoid Zo and a lil bigger than Hippo cricri. Why not get one to show of your uber cool :wink:

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #2,225 of 37,780
Finally all the pieces have arrived and are put together! Makes for a pretty decent companion when running errands around town 
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #2,227 of 37,780
Hey guys...Im really on the fence about which new DAP to buy. I want to upgrade from my Zip to something with a bigger screen. I don't want to go "high end", but still have some decent audio.

Ipod Classic (although trying to stay away from hard disk based players)
Ipod Touch 4G (found two 64GB in nice condition for less than $200 on craigslist)
Samsung Galaxy 4.0 (rooted with voodoo)
Sony X or F series (32GB)

I will use my DAP with the M100 and C&C BH amp.

I will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #2,228 of 37,780
Hi guys..this morning i tried a new combo which are Ipod Classic + Alo International + Fostex HPP1 (as DAC) and I used my HD650 running balance. Just could not believe the sound. Definitely i prefer this sound combo over the same combo but using RxMK3. The mids on my HD650 is like clearer and more opened up. I am satisfied ! 

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #2,229 of 37,780
Quote:
Hi guys..this morning i tried a new combo which are Ipod Classic + Alo International + Fostex HPP1 (as DAC) and I used my HD650 running balance. Just could not believe the sound. Definitely i prefer this sound combo over the same combo but using RxMK3. The mids on my HD650 is like clearer and more opened up. I am satisfied ! 

Hi Yono 

look like you are falling in love with intonational more than your alo Rx 3 B
how if the Dac you use your class dB ?

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #2,231 of 37,780
Hi Yono 

look like you are falling in love with intonational more than your alo Rx 3 B
how if the Dac you use your class dB ?
[/quote]

Hi bro Rudi..
My clas db i returned it for an exchange with new version which has higher gain (2.1v) . If what u mean comparing to my original clas db with 1.69v ...i prefer the dac from my hpp1 due to its gain is more suitable to drive my cans or iems. I always think the gain from my original clas db is too low. I want it to able to drive my higher impedance cans at high gain and lower impedance at medium gain. But that was not the case. I hope the newer version of clas db will supply enough gain when paired with amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back