Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 11, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #22,006 of 37,657
Dec 11, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #22,008 of 37,657
U-shaped. Warm lower end with a bit of mid-bass emphasis. Slightly emphasized upper mids. Relaxed treble. Average soundstage. Nice cable with nylon bottom and plastic after y-splitter. Handsome wood housings. Comfortable.

Let my 21yo daughter try them today. She has small ears and thought they were really comfortable, sounded good, and were attractive.

Thanks man!  I'll try them when I get the chance.  And yes, handsome wood design, minimalistic yet attractive.  Thanks again!

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #22,009 of 37,657
Anyone get cut by the sharp metal edges of these iems? I personally till now did not try Campfire audio products yet the sharp edges put me off.

Won't get cut. They are so small.
The Newer DD series is rounded instead of edged like BA series.

I using Andromeda and dont't even felt any edges

Dec 11, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #22,010 of 37,657
Whew! I thought we had Dexter in the forums for a minute, lol :p

Well, to be fair, I also have a Victoranox SwissArmy knife on my keychain, and a Gerber multi-tool in my bag, which also has a few blades. So while I only carry one of those big knifes at a time, I do have quite a few smaller blades about my person. :)

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #22,011 of 37,657

Sorry if off topic, couldn't resist 
tongue_smile.gif
I think the centrepiece is worth way more than everything surrounding it.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #22,012 of 37,657
Oooo. Nice. I've got that same KBAR, also.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #22,013 of 37,657
Well, to be fair, I also have a Victoranox SwissArmy knife on my keychain, and a Gerber multi-tool in my bag, which also has a few blades. So while I only carry one of those big knifes at a time, I do have quite a few smaller blades about my person. :)

I prefer SOG as their multitools can easily customize with the tools you need, other brands don't sell you the parts and required you to mail back to them for repair.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #22,014 of 37,657
Meanwhile while my Chord Mojo is out of juice & taking a nap....
Listening to "Wishes" by Emi Fujita, life's good! :grinning:

VZG0Bhl.jpg

Dec 11, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #22,015 of 37,657
Anyone get cut by the sharp metal edges of these iems? I personally till now did not try Campfire audio products yet the sharp edges put me off.

I find them very comfortable.  I have the first production run of the Novas the screw heads are a little sharp.  They fixed that issue with later runs.  Unless you have smaller than average ears, I think you'll have no issues with the fit.  

The build quality is amazing.  I would highly recommend Campfire headphones.  Worst case, I believe you can send them back within a few days for a refund. 

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #22,018 of 37,657
  NIce case 

Not a fan of the Linum too tangle prone for me - but nice one!

Thanks! the case is the AVEC from Dignis, designed specifically for the AK70 + Mojo combo :D I was surprised to see a company design a leather case for stacked devices, but they really did a great job! Really love it!

As for the cable I'd agree with you for most Linums but not the SuperBax. I used to have a BaX and it was frustratingly tangly, but being thicker, the SuperBaX is a LOT better in this regard.

Dec 11, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #22,020 of 37,657
I've got that combo but not the ak70 but is it worth getting with mojo or save the money?

Personally, I've had the Mojo since its launch, and was using it at first with my phone. I quickly realized that it was really impractical because the sizes didn't match at all for stacking plus I had to turn on airplane mode or else there would be too much EMI, which meant I couldn't use my phone anymore... So I pretty much gave up on using the Mojo, almost sold it in fact!

I got the AK70 to pair with Mojo for 3 reasons:
- matching size for stacking
- microSD slot for memory expansion
- the Dignis leather case, which is so much better than a rubber band

Some will argue that using such an expensive DAP purely as a transport is a waste of money, and I agree that any other transport would do. But I'm really happy about this stack because of its size, its practicality, the user interface of the AK, the sound of the Mojo...

So to answer your question, I find it was worth getting with Mojo simply because I wasn't using the Mojo anymore before I got the AK70. But if you are using your Mojo regularly and don't find it impractical and cumbersome, you might as well save your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back