Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 10, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #21,992 of 37,652
Shout out to my man @Whaleshark12 on this one
wink_face.gif

DZAT DF-10 right, @nmatheis?  What's the sig and how does it sound with the Opus#1?  It's been recommended to me by a friend and I've been kinda curious.

Dec 10, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #21,995 of 37,652
What a mighty fine idea.

I may not have the fireplace, but I do have a monitor, and Perfect Circle on my AK120ii. I think tonight Solar shall deliver unto Pinky his progressive rock.

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #21,997 of 37,652
Sunday afternoon going to Starbucks to have some latte and some cheesecakes while listening to my awesome portable rig.

PdtmfPB.jpg

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #21,998 of 37,652
DZAT DF-10 right, @nmatheis
?  What's the sig and how does it sound with the Opus#1?  It's been recommended to me by a friend and I've been kinda curious.

U-shaped. Warm lower end with a bit of mid-bass emphasis. Slightly emphasized upper mids. Relaxed treble. Average soundstage. Nice cable with nylon bottom and plastic after y-splitter. Handsome wood housings. Comfortable.

Let my 21yo daughter try them today. She has small ears and thought they were really comfortable, sounded good, and were attractive.

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #21,999 of 37,652
Sunday afternoon going to Starbucks to have some latte and some cheesecakes while listening to my awesome portable rig.

PdtmfPB.jpg

Not that this is really the best place to talk about this--then again, not really the worst, either--but here are a few of my favorite EDC picks to go with my travels.

Some Microtechs, a Benchmade, Spiderco...

I do have a SOG Spec Elite 1 around here somewhere, though it's lost favor over the years, replaced by cooler knives. :cool:

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #22,001 of 37,652

Opus #1 DAP, and Campfire Audio IEMs (Jupiter balanced out and just hanging around Andromeda and Nova models.

I have the Novas and I'm thinking about upgrading to the Jupiters? Worth it?

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #22,002 of 37,652
I have the Novos and I'm thinking about upgrading to the Jupiters? Worth it?

Anyone get cut by the sharp metal edges of these iems? I personally till now did not try Campfire audio products yet the sharp edges put me off.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #22,003 of 37,652
I have the Novos and I'm thinking about upgrading to the Jupiters? Worth it?
I have th Andromeda, Jupiter, Nova, Vega, Dorado and lyra II. And have published reviews on them all.

Check my reviews in my signature, read em and then PM me.

It depends on your source/player and also what kind of signature you are after.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #22,004 of 37,652
Not that this is really the best place to talk about this--then again, not really the worst, either--but here are a few of my favorite EDC picks to go with my travels.

Some Microtechs, a Benchmade, Spiderco...

I do have a SOC Spec Elite 1 around here somewhere, though it's lost favor over the years, replaced by cooler knives. :cool:

Hey Pinky those are beautiful gears that you have. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and tempted to put mine up also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back