Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 4, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #19,128 of 37,611

No cables, no hassle rig.

It's too hot for over ears - summer rig ^^

How does the sound compare when using the Fiio E18 with your S6 and without?  I have a Note 5 (same audio specs) with a pair of Fostex T20RP mk3 headphones and I'm eager to get myself an amp for a little more punch in my music but was unsure which to get. Came across the E18 and I'm about to go for it.

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #19,129 of 37,611
Mojo plus harmony.

6kKXHPZl.jpg

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #19,130 of 37,611

No cables, no hassle rig.

It's too hot for over ears - summer rig ^^

How does the sound compare when using the Fiio E18 with your S6 and without?  I have a Note 5 (same audio specs) with a pair of Fostex T20RP mk3 headphones and I'm eager to get myself an amp for a little more punch in my music but was unsure which to get. Came across the E18 and I'm about to go for it.

Welcome and sorry about your wallet :D

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #19,132 of 37,611

With IEMs the sound is clearer, more dynamic with a bigger soundstage and I hear no noise anymore.
With your Fostex phones I can only guess, soI had a quick look at the specs of the Fostex, and the impedance is not really high but they seem not really efficient. Considering the effect i experienced on my AKG Q701 (which really beg for power) I would say you can expect quite an improvement with amping. I never used the FiiO for amping only on my S6, so I can't tell how much of the noise I heard with my IEMs is perceivable on bigger cans when the native signal is used. So I can't tell if an amp alone would suffice. 
And to be honest the S6 + FiiO combi is quite cumbersome, so usually I go for the BT variant.
Hope that helped a bit.

Feb 4, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #19,133 of 37,611
  With IEMs the sound is clearer, more dynamic with a bigger soundstage and I hear no noise anymore.
With your Fostex phones I can only guess, soI had a quick look at the specs of the Fostex, and the impedance is not really high but they seem not really efficient. Considering the effect i experienced on my AKG Q701 (which really beg for power) I would say you can expect quite an improvement with amping. I never used the FiiO for amping only on my S6, so I can't tell how much of the noise I heard with my IEMs is perceivable on bigger cans when the native signal is used. So I can't tell if an amp alone would suffice. 
And to be honest the S6 + FiiO combi is quite cumbersome, so usually I go for the BT variant.
Hope that helped a bit.

It did help, thanks a lot. I plan to use them through the USB DAC function, let the FiiO do everything from converting to amping. Man the AKG Q701 are beats. I've seen a couple of reviews and they look nice. I was wondering because my cans impendance is around 50 ohm and I've never owned headphones like these before, was unsure that my Note 5 could give them the boost they require. They don't compare to the AKG Q701 but I guess the FiiO will give me a new feeling when listening to them. Thanks again!

Feb 4, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #19,134 of 37,611

It did help, thanks a lot. I plan to use them through the USB DAC function, let the FiiO do everything from converting to amping. Man the AKG Q701 are beats. I've seen a couple of reviews and they look nice. I was wondering because my cans impendance is around 50 ohm and I've never owned headphones like these before, was unsure that my Note 5 could give them the boost they require. They don't compare to the AKG Q701 but I guess the FiiO will give me a new feeling when listening to them. Thanks again!

​I meant to say the AKG Q701 are beasts*, sorry for the typo.

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #19,136 of 37,611

Tron Legacy OST

with....

Touch 5th generation/Edifier H840

Feb 5, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #19,139 of 37,611
Nice shot.  What camera/lens did you use?

Thank-you.

Nikon 5100 and 18-55mm kit lens.

Here is an Exif viewer so you can see the date and digital camera of any picture on the net, as long as they didn't manually remove it. There is a plug in for Firefox too.

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.head-fi.org%2Ff%2Ff7%2Ff7a29764_g5840.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back