Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 9, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #19,156 of 37,433

AK120 II -> Linum Super Bax -> Noble K10. I don't think I've ever stuck with a setup as long as I have with this one before... Just magical.
Hi sorensiim, can I just enquire how you got hold of the Linum Super Bax as I keep checking their site and they are saying they are not available yet!! Many thanks

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #19,157 of 37,433
Hi sorensiim, can I just enquire how you got hold of the Linum Super Bax as I keep checking their site and they are saying they are not available yet!! Many thanks

He was a special case :)
I've had one for a few months as well, too bad it only works on flush sockets but a great cable

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #19,158 of 37,433

He was a special case :)
I've had one for a few months as well, too bad it only works on flush sockets but a great cable

@Ultrainferno is correct! I happen to live 30 minutes from Linum HQ and even got to vist them, so I had one of the very first hand-built Supers. Hands down the best IEM cable ever. No claims of frozen unobtanium alloys giving you blacker blacks and higher highs, just superb engineering resulting in the perfect combination of ergonomics and durability. 

Feb 9, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #19,159 of 37,433
The more I listen to my portable set-up, the more I appreciate what it brings to the table. Truly an end game combination.

Looking for possible all in one solution such as AK player.

Feb 9, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #19,161 of 37,433
  i think to get that kind of SQ with an all in 1 solution you have to go to $2K+ 

maybe AK320?

Money is a non-factor for me. I just like to justify everything I buy.. And I love discounts :wink:

AK320 looks excellent - I'm just not sold on what to do when that battery doesn't hold it's capacity anymore! With the Mojo, it can be replaced easily.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #19,162 of 37,433
Money is a non-factor for me. I just like to justify everything I buy.. And I love discounts :wink:

AK320 looks excellent - I'm just not sold on what to do when that battery doesn't hold it's capacity anymore! With the Mojo, it can be replaced easily.

I've listen to ak320 definitely awesome, but I feel it's not worth even 50% of asking price, to me, mojo was a good decision.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #19,163 of 37,433
I've listen to ak320 definitely awesome, but I feel it's not worth even 50% of asking price, to me, mojo was a good decision.

yeah but this is where having one device makes the extra cost worth it.
mojo is supposedly one of the best dacs under £1000 but it has to be stacked with something.

i would expect the AK320 at the price it is to have a 5 year warrenty at least.

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #19,164 of 37,433

pp1 and the monoprice 8323 cans, unbalanced.

they sound pretty good for the price but i didn't want the dj models and they press down/squeeze a little harder than the others, so they are kind of fatiguing.
the mid-bass @ 200-250k is kinda scattered and the highs are set back and kind of hollow sounding, but for $16 i'm not complaining. pp can't push high volume in these either, just loud enough to deal with loud environments. i was playing drums with them and i had barely enough volume with the pp internal amp.

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #19,165 of 37,433

Current portable rig:
- custom Angies
- AK 120ii
- MoJo

Wish the sizes matched, but no biggie.  Sound is very very good.

L3000.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #19,166 of 37,433

pp1 and the monoprice 8323 cans, unbalanced.

they sound pretty good for the price but i didn't want the dj models and they press down/squeeze a little harder than the others, so they are kind of fatiguing.
the mid-bass @ 200-250k is kinda scattered and the highs are set back and kind of hollow sounding, but for $16 i'm not complaining. pp can't push high volume in these either, just loud enough to deal with loud environments. i was playing drums with them and i had barely enough volume with the pp internal amp.

Those are my go to headphones for my kids.  They don't believe in treating their headphone with much respect.  But good bang for the buck...

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #19,167 of 37,433

Those are my go to headphones for my kids.  They don't believe in treating their headphone with much respect.  But good bang for the buck...

Yeah i'm not that kind to mine either, I don't spend more than $60 for a pair since I will probably break them. I cram everything into 1 bag and generally don't live in headphones so I try to save some money.

My favorite cheap phones are by Sennheiser and AKG. Teac makes some good ones for $20 too. I always have to have a few extra pairs at the studio since they get broken or the cable cracks out.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #19,168 of 37,433
Mojo + VorzAmp Pure II+.  This combo absolutely bests everything I just had in my hands to play with...including AK240SS and AK320+AK380 Amp.  Damn this little stack sounds amazzzing.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #19,170 of 37,433

Agreed - our stacks should meet each other :)

Hey bro, not trying to downplay your set up, but you'd need another TOTL Amp in there to meet my stack :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back