Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 7, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #18,601 of 37,782
This completly depends on DAPs. Larger DAPs like 901 or Lotoo Paw Gold have much more power than the likes of AK. But they can be larger / heavier. And some people will want all in one solution at all costs.

I don't stack for power, rather for dac bliss.

Wonder if chord plan on entering the dap game?

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #18,606 of 37,782

biggrin.gif

New PONO Edible edition with XBA-A3

wait till you go to balanced on that toblerone..

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #18,607 of 37,782
Dec 7, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #18,610 of 37,782
well you learn something new everyday. the £1,700-2,000 AK240 is beat by the £500 Mojo.

is the mojo that good? i have seen claims that its 90% of a hugo. i think i need to experience it, do an AB with my modi 2. :blink:

That should not surprise you. Look at its size, consider its price, and then realize it is not a music player. It's only the DAC and Amp portion of a player. You still need a processor, RAM, an Operating System, and storage. Basically, you still need a computer.

The Mojo might look small compared to the Hugo, but next to the Dragonfly, it's rather hearty. Even the AK380 with it's Glove Amp is small compared to what it would look life with the Mojo's components inside.

It's not surprising it sounds better than every DAP on the market. It would be surprising if it didn't.

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #18,611 of 37,782
well you learn something new everyday. the £1,700-2,000 AK240 is beat by the £500 Mojo.

is the mojo that good? i have seen claims that its 90% of a hugo. i think i need to experience it, do an AB with my modi 2. :blink:

Read my review of the Mojo (link in my sig) for my thoughts. :wink_face:

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #18,613 of 37,782
Read my review of the Mojo (link in my sig) for my thoughts.
wink_face.gif

I don't know if you listen to or test gears with classical music. IMO classical music especially the symphonies and orchestral work are the most demanding (due to a large crowd of instruments) for separations, speed and dynamics ranges. In my experience, anything can survive Brahm's and Chopin's No.1 piano concertos for the first 1 minutes each without sounding slightly muddy is a winner. Those pieces were composed to be muddy prone. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #18,614 of 37,782
I don't know if you listen to or test gears with classical music. IMO classical music especially the symphonies and orchestral work are the most demanding (due to a large crowd of instruments) for separations, speed and dynamics ranges. In my experience, anything can survive Brahm's and Chopin's No.1 piano concertos for the first 1 minutes each without sounding slightly muddy is a winner. Those pieces were composed to be muddy prone. 

Classical is a large part of what I listen to when testing new gear. Alas, I really don't want to derail this picture thread any further. We should move on... :wink:

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #18,615 of 37,782
Classical is a large part of what I listen to when testing new gear. Alas, I really don't want to derail this picture thread any further. We should move on...
wink.gif

No intention to derail the thread, no offense or criticism, just curious then why in your review you have not included any classical music. I am sure Mojo is great. 

In fact I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back