Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 8, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #18,154 of 37,783
Mojo is every where.... every place... seems like "the new iPod fashion", is nice i want one but if only had analogue IN

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #18,155 of 37,783
Listening to some Ice Cube. Has anyone thought that if we get to be in an old peoples home we will be sitting there listening to something like The Prodigy? My Grandmother listens to all the classic war time tunes and they sound lovely, I do like them but when we are at that age will they let us listen to Nirvana and a bit of Slipknot so we can remember the good old days?

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #18,156 of 37,783

Nice Setup!

What is the SQ difference between the iDSD micro and the mojo?

The micro iDSD drives all my full size cans pretty amazing including my HD 800. The Mojo drives them well to, but has less battery life as the iDSD driving the same full size cans and is missing the awesome analogue crossfeed from the iDSD which I love too. With sensitive IEMs / CIEMs it's a different story, the Mojo is perfect for such sensitive headphones (regardless the small treble roll off I have), I prefer the really great volume matching, ultra nice noise level and it's slightly better in overall terms SQ compared to the iDSD, but only with IEMs / CIEMs IMHO. With real cans I don't hear a big difference at all, with sensitive IEMs / CIEMs yes it's a improvement. For full size cans I don't use the Mojo, because the iDSD is in the house. But as I said with IEMs / CIEMs it's worth IMHO.

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #18,157 of 37,783
  The micro iDSD drives all my full size cans pretty amazing including my HD 800. The Mojo drives them well to, but has less battery life as the iDSD driving the same full size cans and is missing the awesome analogue crossfeed from the iDSD which I love too. With sensitive IEMs / CIEMs it's a different story, the Mojo is perfect for such sensitive headphones (regardless the small treble roll off I have), I prefer the really great volume matching, ultra nice noise level and it's slightly better in overall terms SQ compared to the iDSD, but only with IEMs / CIEMs IMHO. With real cans I don't hear a big difference at all, with sensitive IEMs / CIEMs yes it's a improvement. For full size cans I don't use the Mojo, because the iDSD is in the house. But as I said with IEMs / CIEMs it's worth IMHO.

Thanks, your small comparison answers all of my questions.

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #18,158 of 37,783
Mojo is every where.... every place... seems like "the new iPod fashion", is nice i want one but if only had analogue IN

If you want analogue in then you don't want the Mojo. You'd be missing out on the whole benefit of the device.

Nov 8, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #18,159 of 37,783
Took in a splendid sunset with the AK120ii>Angie. Smoked a cigar while listening to John Petrucci and some Johnny Cash.

Angie%20amp%20AK120ii%20sunset_zpsflwaiyxq.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back