Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 29, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #16,369 of 37,658
  That is one beautiful picture and even nicer set up.

Thanks! ...this phat setup is playing some phat hip hop right now. Me likey that clean bass and spacious sound.

Where do you get the toxic cable? Hk?

I ordered directly from Franck at Toxic Cables. http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cables 

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #16,370 of 37,658

My new rig
smile.gif

Sony ZX2 Walkman, Sennheiser Momentum M2, Silver plated copper cable.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #16,371 of 37,658
Apr 29, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #16,373 of 37,658
Did you do a side-by-side comparison? I thought the AK240SS was "just" a regular AK240 with a stainless steel case in stead of duraluminum.

I own both. Ak240dr and the ak240SS. The SS uses its "un-coated" body as a ground and creates problem with TRRS jack. When u plug trrs jack..the ground jack contacts the SS body ground and creates distortion. To eliminate this problem..AK suggests to use 'small-tape' mod to prevent both ground make contact each other.

Sound Quality difference? I dont think the difference is 25-30% at least to my ears after i compared both of them many times! I have some headfons and iems which i think they good enough defining the clarity and details. And to me .between ak240DR vs SS..yes they do have a SLIGHTLY different in tonality. I think SS is somewhat brighter..a bit more clear and could be the effect of different ground used between the two. But..TBH with you..to me peraonally...the diffence IS NOT MUCH. and i would rather say they have a slightly different color of sound, NOT the quality.

> i prefer to use ak240DR for my Dita Truth and so does to some of my Grado phones (certain series)

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #16,374 of 37,658
If you have the cash I would go for the HD25-1 II's! I love the looks of them and the amperior. But they are quite the money so I settled for the JVC HAS500Z. Apparently they are great in bass. Getting here tomorrow cannot wait. Enjoy those pistons, I've heard mixed reviews so far on them. They look nice though.

I also thought about getting the JVC HAS500Z instead of the HD25-1. I hope you will post a review of them once you get it.

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #16,375 of 37,658
HD25 are an awesome headphone. If you ever become bored of thier sound simply open the headband a little apart (the dividable part) sit them on a table in eyes view and stare at them... Awesome.

Excellent design.

I was so intrigued by HD25 I've recently added the Amperior to my collection.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #16,376 of 37,658
HD25 are an awesome headphone. If you ever become bored of thier sound simply open the headband a little apart (the dividable part) sit them on a table in eyes view and stare at them... Awesome.

Excellent design.

I was so intrigued by HD25 I've recently added the Amperior to my collection.

Lol oh wow, I'll definitely have to get me a pair soon now. The Amperior are a little too pricey for me but they are beautifully designed.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #16,377 of 37,658
Lol oh wow, I'll definitely have to get me a pair soon now. The Amperior are a little too pricey for me but they are beautifully designed.

Funny story about my HD25. They're actually made up from two HD25 headphones I picked up cheap on eBay, both with problems (2 individual sales). I've rebuilt them from the ground up with new cable, pads, building one pair from the two.

So for me they win a soft spot for those reasons. Keep your eye out on eBay, sometimes you can pick them up cheap.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #16,378 of 37,658
Funny story about my HD25. They're actually made up from two HD25 headphones I picked up cheap on eBay, both with problems (2 individual sales). I've rebuilt them from the ground up with new cable, pads, building one pair from the two.

So for me they win a soft spot for those reasons. Keep your eye out on eBay, sometimes you can pick them up cheap.

Sounds like an hell of a good deal. I'll take a look at EBay. What were the issues with the sets?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back