Quote:

Philips Uptowns + iPod Nano 2G 

Rockin'

Blasphemy! People actually own the Nano 2G?! I thought i was the only one 
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #7,189 of 7,509
this is a quote from Mike in the PB2 thread to me

Seriously!   Check it out! 

You've got the the maximum permissible 16-Volts supplied to the iBasso PB2 from an inline voltage regulator that allows the 5-cell, external LiPo pack to discharge from 21V when fully charged, to 16V - all the while pushing the amp at its maximum performance (with a constant 16V).  

Not only do you have performance that's begins better than possible with the fully charged 12.6V internal battery, it ends at the same voltage where it started - 16V!

Yeah boyeeee!  
beerchug.gif

Maximum possible power, all the time, while portable!  Add to this the qusp and SpudHarris recommended combo of LME49990s and HA5002s, and you've got a really nice portable amp.

But it gets better.  The Sony PCM-M10 Line Out plays up to 96kHz/24-bit files with gap-less playback, through Sony's proprietary delta-sigma DAC that a couple of Head-Fi members (other than myself) have judged to be in the same league as the HM-801 or HRT Music Streamer II (with less warmth).  And you are surely one of very few Sony PCM-M10 owners who knows how to adapt a 64GB microsSDXC card for use in the PCM-M10 (vs. the 32GB limit of the microSDHC cards).   

Toss an iBasso DB2 in there for ready use with desktop sources and you are definitely ready to leave the temple!  
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #7,190 of 7,509
It's one of my favorite iPods. 

iPod (Original, FireWire port instead of the stupid 30 pin)
iPod (Dock Connector, with the cool button row)
iPod Mini (1st gen)
iPod Shuffle (1st gen)
Nano (2nd gen)

Those are my favorites. Based on design, usability and sound.

Quote:
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #7,191 of 7,509
Quote:
tongue.gif

Incredible to think now that the 8gb version would have set you back $250.

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #7,192 of 7,509
They're certainly better than the old-school iBuds.....lol. I just never used them because earbuds don't stay in my ears unless I sit still. It's been nice to keep them around, that way every time I have sold off a player I've had earbuds to include with it...lol.

Was a big problem for me back in the 90's when earbuds were very popular, they'd always fall out and sounded much better when you applied light pressure. They were actually a nightmare for me as you said unless staying still. I remember when I tried my first 'in ear' from Sony what an amazing concept we thought!

Watch! You can shake your head, jump, spin around and they don't fall out. :D Amazing!

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #7,193 of 7,509
Quote:

tongue.gif

I have one right in front of me...Needs a new battery though.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #7,195 of 7,509
They're on the list to buy very soon. Within the next few weeks, me thinks. 

LPs are still readily available so that'll be the option. Couldn't pass up this one. The vinyl is my favorite color. :D

Quote:

Diggin' the icon, MT. I'm really looking forward to their new album. Do you have their self titled, and Instrumentals?

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #7,196 of 7,509
Quote:
tongue.gif

2nd & 3rd Gen Nano's here, great little players!
I have a Sony head unit in the car that when you drop the face down, a tray slides out for an iPod. When you close the face the iPod goes inside the head unit with all controls from the front panel or via remote.
biggrin.gif

That is where the 3rd gen usually lives with new audio books on it for the daily drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back