Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #6,678 of 7,509
Quote:
C30 for the win with micro sd and class A amp!

Nope :):):) I was having C30 and C60 in the same time, C60 twice better:)
Yes, 4Gb and 10 hours are not good. Sound is much better than Teclast X19, Cube C30, Hisound Rocoo-P, Rocoo-BA. Also no firmware issues.

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #6,679 of 7,509

iPod Classic 7G--> FiiO L3-->FiiO E11-->JVC HA-S500B......great sound! 
L3000.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #6,680 of 7,509
Quote:
Nope :):):) I was having C30 and C60 in the same time, C60 twice better:)
Yes, 4Gb and 10 hours are not good. Sound is much better than Teclast X19, Cube C30, Hisound Rocoo-P, Rocoo-BA. Also no firmware issues.

I also had both FYI (still have the c30), not better, virtually exactly the same if any (STMP3780 VS STMP3770), the claim twice better is not true at all.  

I agree better than the rocoo and teclast x19 though.  

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #6,681 of 7,509
Quote:
So posted a crappy pic of thes a lonnnnnnggggg time ago and thought id revisit!

Snuss boxes, little pouches or balls of awesome nicotine.  Store all my iems in them and preserve the original packaging in the loft, come in different designs and materials, also fits a clip and buds in one and is rigid so you can throw it in a back pack etc without worrying.

Outstanding idea!

I cant help but ask, being a bit of a knife nut alongside my headgear obsession, is that a ziptie modded tenacious in the background?

Sep 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #6,682 of 7,509
Quote:
Outstanding idea!

I cant help but ask, being a bit of a knife nut alongside my headgear obsession, is that a ziptie modded tenacious in the background?

sure is on and off outdoors in the himalayas all summer and never failed once, just a quick buff on the whetstone every now and again, and just out of shot is a boker subcom and the greatest of all...... spyderco bug

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #6,683 of 7,509
Just got this :) rare moment for them not to be on my head. They sound great together :) 

(Just got the Koss PortaPro's......Mod done by HiFlight)

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #6,686 of 7,509
Hey there, relatively new to hifi gear and as such, i have some questions.
I am looking for a good dap or dap & amp combo to match my recently ordered 4.ai

1. Lets say a dap has issues with its inbult amp (such as the Sony S-Master amps that have issues when driving multi-driver iems due to their high output impedance) or certain colouration to its output, will an external amp totally rectify such an issue(assuming through an lod)?

Another way to say this is that from what i assume, through an LOD, the dap solely becomes the "song storing deice" while the amp solely is responsible for the sound ouput. Does the player in this case affect the amp and/or final output in anyway?

2. How do you match output impedence for iems? i need clarifications on what numbers i should be looking for when looking at the spec sheet of daps in relation to the 4.ai

Terribly sorry if this is off-topic but seeing the amount of gear posted here, i'm sure someone can answer my questions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks in advance!

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #6,687 of 7,509
This is definitely not the right thread for this, but I'll help best I can.

1. LOD stands for Line-Out Dock. This means the internal amp of the DAP is having little to no effect on the audio output. That still means that the DAP is processing the audio file and outputting the audio signal for your use. If it had a "digital out" then you would need an external DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) to handle the raw digital audio stream that is being output by the DAP in order for you to make use of it. When using an LOD, the amp is getting a nonamped signal from the DAP to the amp. Since I am a firm believer that every part of a setup effects the sound somehow, using an external amp will change some of the coloration, depending on its own characteristics, but in this case the DAC inside the DAP and the implementation of that DAC will affect the sound most. Not to say you cant completely discolor a signal, just that it's much easier to do if you dont start off with something colored.

I will let someone help you out with the other question, I have to go to school now. 
Quote:
Hey there, relatively new to hifi gear and as such, i have some questions.
I am looking for a good dap or dap & amp combo to match my recently ordered 4.ai

1. Lets say a dap has issues with its inbult amp (such as the Sony S-Master amps that have issues when driving multi-driver iems due to their high output impedance) or certain colouration to its output, will an external amp totally rectify such an issue(assuming through an lod)?

Another way to say this is that from what i assume, through an LOD, the dap solely becomes the "song storing deice" while the amp solely is responsible for the sound ouput. Does the player in this case affect the amp and/or final output in anyway?

2. How do you match output impedence for iems? i need clarifications on what numbers i should be looking for when looking at the spec sheet of daps in relation to the 4.ai

Terribly sorry if this is off-topic but seeing the amount of gear posted here, i'm sure someone can answer my questions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks in advance!

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #6,689 of 7,509

Cowon Z2 --> CMoyBB 2.02 --> ATH-M50s/LE 
atsmile.gif

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #6,690 of 7,509
Quote:

iPod Classic 7G--> FiiO L3-->FiiO E11-->JVC HA-S500B......great sound! 
L3000.gif

Nice set-up!

I really like the look of that amp but I just don't have any HPs that would warrant it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back