Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #6,586 of 7,509
Quote:

Allow me to correct that info, as I believe it was cogsand gears who first mentioned that use for the O-Rings some time ago... 
wink.gif

You sir putente are correct!!!  You should win a prize

Special shout out to cogsand gears for the O-Rings suggestion!

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #6,587 of 7,509
Quote:

Incredible research! I think that post has an inch of dust on it!!

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #6,588 of 7,509
Quote:

I still clearly remember that post, as I was asking here where to get plain black silicone bands to pack together the iPod and amp, and he suggested me to use the O-Rings for that purpose, as he was doing! And I sure did so, as it's a great option and a genius idea! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #6,589 of 7,509
Quote:

Allow me to correct that info, as I believe it was cogsand gears who first mentioned that use for the O-Rings some time ago... 
wink.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I still clearly remember that post, as I was asking here where to get plain black silicone bands to pack together the iPod and amp, and he suggested me to use the O-Rings for that purpose, as he was doing! And I sure did so, as it's a great option and a genius idea! 
beerchug.gif

Fame at last! Yeah, it was me :D

I suspect that the sale of rubber O rings has a least doubled since my original post. Nevermind putente winning a prize, what do I win...?

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #6,590 of 7,509
Bask in the fame!!!...well deserved

Next time your in Canada I'll buy you a poutine and a Cdn beer!  
beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #6,591 of 7,509
What size O rings are we talking about?
Saves digging through that inch o dust.
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #6,592 of 7,509
Quote:

I suspect that the sale of rubber O rings has a least doubled since my original post. Nevermind putente winning a prize, what do I win...?

Legend status in the Head-Fi neighborhood!

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #6,594 of 7,509
Quote:
Bask in the fame!!!...well deserved

Next time your in Canada I'll buy you a poutine and a Cdn beer!  
beerchug.gif

Thanks!

Funnily enough, I almost emigrated from the UK to Canada a few years back.
Quote:
What size O rings are we talking about?
Saves digging through that inch o dust.
biggrin.gif

Large ish.... I bought a 'sealing kit' from Wilkinsons plumming section and used the ones from there. Kinda depends on your gear I suppose.
Quote:
Legend status in the Head-Fi neighborhood!

Sweet! Thats good enough for me. Now how do I get one of those custom banner head things...?

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #6,597 of 7,509
Quote:

You should be nominated Head-Fi's O-Ringus Supremus
beerchug.gif

Actually, I took your idea a step further, as I was having trouble finding my desired dimensions on the plumming O-Rings, so after a bit of search near me, I found a local store that sells all kinds (sizes, diammeters and thicknesses) of higher grade O-Rings for hydraulic systems (pumps, etc)! They're more expensive than the regular ones from the lumming section, but of better build quality and durability, and I now can get any size in 1mm steps... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #6,598 of 7,509
Quote:
Thanks!

Funnily enough, I almost emigrated from the UK to Canada a few years back.
Large ish.... I bought a 'sealing kit' from Wilkinsons plumming section and used the ones from there. Kinda depends on your gear I suppose.
Sweet! Thats good enough for me. Now how do I get one of those custom banner head things...?

Beg and plead to Jude and Currawong...
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #6,599 of 7,509
if someone told me I could join a site about one topic, that everything related somehow gets more expensive, i would never have believed it would be possible, yet alone this expensive. 

But now, it seems kind of obvious if their is something cheap and useful, someone on head-fi will find a reason to spend more on it. Thanks, but this makes me so happy to be out of this game. Tera Player will save me much on portable amps and size :)
Quote:
You should be nominated Head-Fi's O-Ringus Supremus
beerchug.gif

Actually, I took your idea a step further, as I was having trouble finding my desired dimensions on the plumming O-Rings, so after a bit of search near me, I found a local store that sells all kinds (sizes, diammeters and thicknesses) of higher grade O-Rings for hydraulic systems (pumps, etc)! They're more expensive than the regular ones from the lumming section, but of better build quality and durability, and I now can get any size in 1mm steps... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #6,600 of 7,509
Quote:

Thanks.  There's a couple of "male" velcro squares on the back of the iPod case which affix themselves nicely to the velour inside of the case, just enough to keep the iPod intact.

Very nice, definitely will be looking into something like this to tidy my portable rig up a bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back