Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Aug 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #6,256 of 7,509
Adding to the Iem kick, I just recieved my IE8's, Now I know they're not as great as what some of you have, 
And this rig is a budget rig if you like, However...

This is the most Ive spent on iems to date and the best Ive heard yet!
And I can see myself using them more than my HD25's.

Sweet gear, man.

I just ordered a pair of IE80's myself (they were significantly cheaper than the IE8's).
And I too have a pair of HD 25-1 II's.

I wanted to get an ultra portable rig, as sometimes it's very annoying carrying the HD 25's round town.

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #6,257 of 7,509
Quote:
Sweet gear, man.
I just ordered a pair of IE80's myself (they were significantly cheaper than the IE8's).
I wanted to get an ultra portable rig, as sometimes it's very annoying carrying the HD 25's round town.

This I can understand! It doesnt bother me tooo much, But then there are days I wished I had something more compact.
Now I have which Im happy about, I tried the Ie8's on the iPhone without the amp earlier and it sounded pretty damn impressive.

I also like the fact that when the bad weather comes in I wont be worried about wrecking my HD25's, As my Ie8's can sit nicely under my beanie! :)

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #6,258 of 7,509
Quote:
Sweet gear, man.

How did you manage that lol, The cheapest I found on ebay was £215.00.
the Ie8's were £88.00

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #6,259 of 7,509
This I can understand! It doesnt bother me tooo much, But then there are days I wished I had something more compact.
Now I have which Im happy about, I tried the Ie8's on the iPhone without the amp earlier and it sounded pretty damn impressive.

I also like the fact that when the bad weather comes in I wont be worried about wrecking my HD25's, As my Ie8's can sit nicely under my beanie! :)

Even during rain I was never really afraid of damaging my HD25's. They can take a little bit of water on the outside, I'm sure.

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #6,260 of 7,509
Quote:
Thanks! The DT 1350s are a fantastic sounding portable headphone. Speaking of IEMs, I've had the JVC FX-700 for a while now and I thought they sounded fantastic when I first got them, but the DT 1350s came along and totally kicked their ass. Funny, cause the DT 1350s are $299 and I bought the JVCs for around $445 shipped. Must be because of all that damn wood. I like the DT 1350s so much now with the addition of the Fostex Hp-p1, the amp really brings them to life. I've been listening to them so much lately I've been ignoring my LCD2s, I can't get over the fact that they sound so good for a portable headphone. Makes me curious about the Sennheiser Amperior or HD 25 series of headphones but something tells me that they won't break the bond I have with my 1350s.

ive found the same with the HD25's Though I am curious/interested in the DT 1350's, Mostly to see how they differ to the HD25. :)

Sweet Rig! Wish I could afford a portable DAC solution for my iDevices but as far as Im aware the Fostex and the Cypher Labs are the only two?? And they're way out of my league for now.

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #6,261 of 7,509
Quote:
Even during rain I was never really afraid of damaging my HD25's. They can take a little bit of water on the outside, I'm sure.

Probably! But Im anal like that about my gear as Im on a tight budget lol.

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #6,262 of 7,509
Quote:
How did you manage that lol, The cheapest I found on ebay was £215.00.
the Ie8's were £88.00

Wow that is relatively cheap? Did you get them from an authorized dealer? Many fakes out there beware. The cheapest I got my first pair of IE8s for was around $260.00 and that wasn't even from an authorized dealer. But he did get them from an authorized dealer in Germany.

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #6,263 of 7,509
Quote:
ive found the same with the HD25's Though I am curious/interested in the DT 1350's, Mostly to see how they differ to the HD25. :)

Sweet Rig! Wish I could afford a portable DAC solution for my iDevices but as far as Im aware the Fostex and the Cypher Labs are the only two?? And they're way out of my league for now.

Thanks man :) Yeah I too am only aware of the Fostex and CLAS for portable DAC solutions as of now. Can't wait to see what else they come up with in the future in this regard.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #6,264 of 7,509
Aug 21, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #6,265 of 7,509
Quote:
Adding to the Iem kick, I just recieved my IE8's, Now I know they're not as great as what some of you have, 
And this rig is a budget rig if you like, However...

This is the most Ive spent on iems to date and the best Ive heard yet!
And I can see myself using them more than my HD25's.

Have I caught the Head-Fi bug? ABSOLUTLEY lol! Next up is definately an iBasso amp & a Custom recable for the IE8's from Toxic...

Equalizer Pro ( Playing FLAC ) > iPhone 4s > Silver Leopard LOD > TCG Audio T-Box > Sennheiser IE8

Amazing!

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #6,266 of 7,509

Sansa Clip+ -- > Yamaha RH-5Ma

This is my first set up.. very small budget as you can tell. I'm pretty happy with the sound quality but now I'd like to try for an upgrade. I was thinking maybe an E10 and some sort of I-device? Dunno yet. At least my ears are happy for the moment.

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #6,267 of 7,509
88 pounds for IE8s sounds too good to be true - I hate to say it, but there's a reasonable chance that you've been had.

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #6,269 of 7,509
Quote:
I don't know, they look pretty legit in his photos...

well I certainly hope I'm wrong - it just sounds like a 'too good to be true' price, so suspicion is warranted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back