Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #4,788 of 7,509

Quote:

i bought it off a headfier. they are sold on ebay for $330.00

the sound quality of the cable is amazing.

i am in the market for a new i/c and amp.  the iem/cable setup supersedes the e7 lol.

Im still in the process of making up an IEM cable with Toxic Cables 7N silver / gold alloy. But I made a low profile LOD with it and to me the difference in SQ was pretty big.

I must get around to finishing that cable up....

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #4,789 of 7,509

Wow, recently the rigs on this thread have been pretty spectacular. Well I just got this today. 

White Sansa 4GB Clip Zip---->Philips O'Neil SH8800 "The Snug"

This is mainly for gym usage as I found my Cowon S9 to not be so shock-proof and my IEMs aren't very comfortable. I have to say I was expecting far less from the Philips headphones. I'm quite surprised by them.

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #4,790 of 7,509

Quote:

Im still in the process of making up an IEM cable with Toxic Cables 7N silver / gold alloy. But I made a low profile LOD with it and to me the difference in SQ was pretty big.

I must get around to finishing that cable up....

Yes, you must!  I need to know if it's worth purchasing the cable to make my own.

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #4,791 of 7,509

Quote:
<snip>

Wow, recently the rigs on this thread have been pretty spectacular. Well I just got this today. 

White Sansa 4GB Clip Zip---->Philips O'Neil SH8800 "The Snug"

This is mainly for gym usage as I found my Cowon S9 to not be shock-proof and my IEMs aren't very comfortable. I have to say I was expecting far less from the Philips headphones. I'm quite surprised by them.

Clip Zip represent! Love the white theme. I have the "silver" Zip myself pair up with the silver ATH-M50s/LE. 
smile_phones.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #4,792 of 7,509
Very nice! I was looking at those A151s... but then i bought Vsonics :D
Quote:

My portable rig:
Rockboxed iPod Video 5th gen 60gb
Fiio E7
MEE A151 in ear monitors

It sounds great for me!

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #4,793 of 7,509
some more pics of my portable gear. Some comply T-100s on the way for the S4s

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #4,795 of 7,509
E6. Its just the standard S4 tin, but i need a place to store the E6 between uses (i dont want my gear permanently attached to my phone), so i just trimmed some of the foam out.

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #4,796 of 7,509

Quote:
E6. Its just the standard S4 tin, but i need a place to store the E6 between uses (i dont want my gear permanently attached to my phone), so i just trimmed some of the foam out.

I have my amp attached to my iPhone case, and I have another case which I use as an actual case for when I don't need the amp. Works pretty well actually.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #4,797 of 7,509
I got a new case for my Galaxy S and just attached to it a fiio e11 with some low profile 3M dual lock. I'm pretty happy with the end result. Sorry for the low quality pics but I don't have a camera right now and had to use an old nokia to get the SGS in the pics. I left some dual lock at the back of the fiio to protect its cover from scratches when left on a desk.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #4,798 of 7,509

Quote:
I got a new case for my Galaxy S and just attached to it a fiio e11 with some low profile 3M dual lock. I'm pretty happy with the end result. Sorry for the low quality pics but I don't have a camera right now and had to use an old nokia to get the SGS in the pics. I left some dual lock at the back of the fiio to protect its cover from scratches when left on a desk.

The Galaxy S sounds great. Much better than the S2 at least. What IEMs are those?

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #4,799 of 7,509
Yeah, the Galaxy S with voodoo sound and neutron player sounds awesome. The iem with the SGS is philips she9850 with shure olives, which is one of my older iems but since I lost my ie7 like 2 weeks ago I still haven't decided what new iem to buy (maybe GR01 or the new DBA-02) and I really love its smooth mids.

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #4,800 of 7,509

Quote:

your phone's rear camera is getting blocked!
Don't you use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back