Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #4,399 of 7,509
They were working on our electrical service to our office today, so we went to a local Starbucks for several hours. I brought the Fostex HP-A3 USB DAC and a bunch of headphones. In this photo (below) is the V-MODA Crossfade LP2.

​
(Click on the photo to see it full-size.)
 ​
The headphones in this photo (below) are (from left to right) the Koss PortaPro KTC (Koss Touch Control), which is a PortaPro with a three-button control/mic cable; the V-MODA Crossfade LP2; and the Sennheiser Amperior (in blue).

(Click on the photo to see it full-size.)
 ​

Cool coincidence: Mike Dias just posted an article here on Head-Fi about the Carolina Chocolate Drops. As many of you know, most Starbucks locations now sell CD's. While I was paying for my coffee, I was flipping through their small CD selection, and noticed that two albums--the soundtrack for The Hunger Games, and The Chieftains' new Voice of Age album--both had contributions from the Carolina Chocolate Drops! I had to pick them both up.

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #4,400 of 7,509

I was disappointed by that Hunger Games album when I found it (not because it's bad but I thought it was the score). I am trying to find a copy of the score though. Only thing I really enjoyed about the movie.

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #4,402 of 7,509

Quote:
I was disappointed by that Hunger Games album when I found it (not because it's bad but I thought it was the score). I am trying to find a copy of the score though. Only thing I really enjoyed about the movie.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I haven't heard the score. But if you liked the score, I'll pick that up, too. I think this is it:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hunger-Games-Original-Picture/dp/B0078467LC

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #4,403 of 7,509

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I haven't heard the score. But if you liked the score, I'll pick that up, too. I think this is it:

I was hoping to find it at retail so I could listen last night but I'll probably get that soon from Amazon. There were a few songs that struck me as good so I really want to hear it without the movie invading it. Here's hoping my impressions were good.

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #4,405 of 7,509

Quote:
How is it compared to the Contiental and the ALO RX MKII.

Too early too give any first impressions as of the moment. However, I think that it might be a bit better than the MKII but not quite as good as they Continental.

Quote:

I've heard the score, and while it is a very interesting and enjoyable soundtrack, I feel as if though the recording quality is subpar, hence the loudness and the "mushy-ness" so to speak.

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #4,406 of 7,509

Quote:
Thanks for the advice!  Are those MX100's?  I've never seen that color they look pretty awesome.  Did you do that yourself?  It's weird you have the same setup I am saving to get! What do you think of the Fiio E5? I saw that is was cheaper than the E6 and was tempted but mediocre reviews kinda drove me to the E6.

it's this .. that's what I thought after reading your post, the same setup it is :D  go get an E6, price difference is not much, with e6 having extra options for eq and whatnot. 

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #4,407 of 7,509

Quote:
How about a pair of 1964 Ts or Qs? They're much less than some of the other options and have been received well. If I could use IEMs I'd own a pair already.

Thanks for the recommendations...looks like 1964s suit my tastes and wallet, especially if I get hold of a pair of decent second hand Triple Fis and get the shelled. Much appreciated :)...

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #4,408 of 7,509

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations...looks like 1964s suit my tastes and wallet, especially if I get hold of a pair of decent second hand Triple Fis and get the shelled. Much appreciated :)...

I think there are are pair of 1964 quads in the FS section ATM. I know there are loads of triple fi's there too.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back