Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Mar 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #4,292 of 7,509
Oh yeah, soon we will see Beats take Bose to court, and Bose countersues Beats for copyright infringement of the letter "B". Just like Apple and Samsung, Nokia and whoever else...

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #4,293 of 7,509

Quote:
I think Dr. Dre has input on designing the letter "b" on Beats, but that's it lol

Razer Moray (White)
Razer Moray (Black)

I like you! Having the same headphone, but in different color! Im still debating on getting the 800's from Colorware or not =P

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #4,294 of 7,509

I told you it'd be worth the wait.

EDIT: Pics quoted for this page.

Quote:
Updated a bit.

Got my Arrow 4G in today. Have to say it was well worth the wait. Just what I was looking for. Sounds fantastic, plays with my 8.A's very well, and almost more importantly, the whole set up is understated and can easily be slipped into my backpocket when on the move. A MUST for me.

160gb IPOD  ---> Low Pro LOD ---> Arrow 4G ----> Heir Audio 8.A

Sorry for the crappy pics, as you can see my good camera is down waiting for batteries.

Slightly diffrerent sized amps.
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #4,297 of 7,509

Quote:
Best bass boost I've heard other than a ZO. How's the Treble adjust? That is new on the 4G.

Honestly thats why I made the purchase in the first place. The 8.A's, while fantastic, always seemed to be lacking a bit of sparkle (not necessary a bad thing, but something I like. Remember my unhealthy obsession with Denons). The treble boost is done just as well as the bass adjustments. With it set on the highest setting  it adds quite a bit of sparkle in what sounds like the 12-16 khz range. Think 5k denon. I went from liking to loving my 8.A's.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #4,299 of 7,509

Quote:
Not in the picture: my Arrow 4G - still waiting for the LOD for that one. Glad to hear you like it with the 8.A nmxdaven, I'm sure I will too.

Yes you will love it.... Stunning 8.A's sir.

Snapped a couple better pics this morning with some better lighting for the people pm'ing me about how big the ipod/arrow combo is.

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #4,300 of 7,509
I like the iPod cover makes it look so classy and woody. Wanted to buy the colorfly for grados when it was released for the looks, this doesn't look too ba too

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #4,301 of 7,509

Humble, but I love it.  Perfect rig for my bass heavy music library.   Im selling the Crossfades and getting some M80s, though.  

My ear canals are odd, so Ive given up on using my M6 iems, and iems in general until I can get some customs (or MG7s with custom sleeves).  Figure I should just sell the crossfades and get some M80s for portable use.  I like the crossfades but hate bringing them around with me

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #4,302 of 7,509
Looks fun, did you try sticking them on top of each other? Kindo sad makes the ipod so much bigger, I always wanted to try one of those, infact I even purcahsed it, but on the first day of using it this happened:

One of the first ipods sold in Toronto, launch day.... faulty clip Apples fault... 

They tried to make me pay 100 bucks for a replacement unit, even when the Genius guy did analyze the thing and saw that the clip was indeed poorly made.

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #4,303 of 7,509
Oh wow, that really sucks 
blink.gif

Im extremely careful with mine to be honest with you.  It's damn small, and Im kind of clumsy so Im always careful when handling it.

I really like it though!  I was going to get the classic 160gb, but I thought about it and figured I didnt need 160gb for my regular portable use.  I got the 16gb nano for $120 on amazon and it's just perfect IMO.  Sound quality is better than I expected, warm but I enjoy it.

The UI is nice, with the update that came out right after I got it.  I like the clock faces, and do wear it as a watch often, which is why I use the little velcro strap to secure it to the ZO2.  Slides on and back off easily.  Plus the profile is really slim this way, I dont mind the look of the strap

Couldnt be happier at the moment 
dt880smile.png

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #4,304 of 7,509

Quote:
I like the iPod cover makes it look so classy and woody. Wanted to buy the colorfly for grados when it was released for the looks, this doesn't look too ba too

Looks fine for $15 in my opinion. Also, I pretty much just wanted a cover so that the amp wouldn't scratch my phone and vice versa. Problem solved without spending too much, and I find it to be much better looking that some cheap case.

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #4,305 of 7,509
Here's what I'm using recently.

Sansa Clip+ (2GB / 16GB SD card (Rockbox 3.10)
Fiio E11 (low power / EQ1) 
Fiio L8 interconnect cable
Sony MDR-EX300LP (100% genuine)
x2 rubber bands (green)
One piece of double sided tape (behind the clip+) 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back