Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 28, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #3,901 of 7,509

Quote:
Thanks for the responses guys.
It's a Zune 30gb Halo 3 editition (I'm not even a Halo Fan, it just looks nice).
Yeah, the LOD on it only works for the Zune 30 or the 8gb version as far as the ebay ad for it said.

Oh and thanks for a heads up on the Dual Lock, I'll check around and hopefully they carry it here. But the only thing I wonder is how easy is it to remove the dual lock's (ie. like 3M command strips where you can remove it easily)

I ordered these 2 to test out and find the most suitable for my rig:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004AQKT1K/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004AQFBE0/ref=oh_o04_s00_i00_details

The thicker black type had the firmest hold, but was quite tricky to get all of the residue off. It did come off, eventually but had to find someone with nails to take it out!
The see-through I'd recommend as its got plenty of hold, and just peel it off and its as is nothing was there. About 3x thinner too! And a metre is more than enough to get you started..though I did find myself messing around; sticking things to tables, walls, pets etc.

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #3,902 of 7,509

Quote:
I've always enjoyed how this combo synergizes. Ultra-portable? No. But It's a great coffee house rig, and I'm at a coffee house right now, so...

(Click on the photo to see larger version.)
 ​
MacBook Air --> HiFiMAN HM-801 (as USB DAC) --> beyerdynamic T5p

Hey Jude 
Is that iTunes you're using or a different player? I'm looking for a new player, mainly because I'm a bit bored with iTunes on my mac..perhaps you've got a recommendation for something new and exciting ?
Thats too nice a portable rig, if there is such a thing 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #3,903 of 7,509
@Jude, Wow those Beyerdynamic T5ps have a beautiful cable! 

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #3,904 of 7,509
So, i just bought myself a new headphone.. just thought i'd share some pics with the awesome head-hi community :D

so for casual listening at home, i feed WAV  through a DAC cable,
to my RSA shadow, and then the t50's

when i wanna be a little more mobile (or when travelling overseas)

and oh, did i mention i also purchased an iPad? (don't judge me!)
camera adapter> DAC cable > RSA shadow > t50/jh16

and a family portrait..

cheers! 
Stanley.c

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #3,909 of 7,509

My humble little rig.

Ipod 6G 160gb Rockboxed with emCore. Connected to an iBasso P4 Warbler that I tuned using the supplied opamps. the cables im using here is the moon audio silver dragon LOD and a double helix cable molecule terminated to an HD650. I feel that my amp is the piece that is letting the setup down. any suggestions?

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #3,910 of 7,509

Quote:
Thanks for the responses guys.
It's a Zune 30gb Halo 3 editition (I'm not even a Halo Fan, it just looks nice).
Yeah, the LOD on it only works for the Zune 30 or the 8gb version as far as the ebay ad for it said.

Oh and thanks for a heads up on the Dual Lock, I'll check around and hopefully they carry it here. But the only thing I wonder is how easy is it to remove the dual lock's (ie. like 3M command strips where you can remove it easily)

First, awesome rig.  I have a Zune 30, but for some reason haven't bitten on the LOD yet (YET!).  For those interested, the Zune LOD discussion really start here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/411589/zune-lod/15#post_6754242, and while the ebay link there is old, there are still some available:  http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=zune+LOD.

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #3,911 of 7,509
^ The P4 is held in high regard and has one of the best amp sections Ibasso has ever made. I've had a P4 for a long time and other amps have come and gone but I don't think I'll ever part with the P4. Have you gone into more detail regarding other opamps or considered getting bit perfect digital out of your ipod to feed the P4 a cleaner signal?

I have been running with LT1122's in L/R and HA5002 buffers and fed from a CLAS I don't think there are many portables to touch it and certainly not for the price....

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #3,912 of 7,509
certainly agree with your observations. for the amount of money u fork out for the p4 it certainly has a lot of zing to it. opamp wise im still relatively unfamiliar with it. perhaps u can point me in the right direction. btw what do u mean by bit perfect digital out? u mean like getting something like the HP-P1? any suggestion as to how i can further imporve my current setup? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back