Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #3,646 of 7,509
LOD = Line out dock (the dock connector and cable that runs to the amp). 

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #3,647 of 7,509

Quote:
LOD = Line out dock (the dock connector and cable that runs to the amp). 

was that in reply to me?? i asked what kind of LOD was it. i didn't say what but i thought it was impled 
tongue_smile.gif
 it would be sad if i didn't know what an LOD was. it would be like the airplane pilot staring at your blankly when you ask him about the throttle. 
deadhorse.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #3,649 of 7,509

Quote:
Sorry, probably should've put those details in my post lol. Anyway, the amp's a Meier Headsix and the LOD was bought from ebay seller sohfatfish. The case is made by Jansport but I don't know much else about it.

hmm can't... weird LOD really :/ i guess self made :/ k thanks

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #3,650 of 7,509

Quote:
was that in reply to me?? i asked what kind of LOD was it. i didn't say what but i thought it was impled 
tongue_smile.gif
 it would be sad if i didn't know what an LOD was. it would be like the airplane pilot staring at your blankly when you ask him about the throttle. 
deadhorse.gif

I've had to answer what the term LOD meant before - figured a straight answer with no snark, in case you were serious was warranted. But you are correct, I misread your post. Sorry. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #3,651 of 7,509

Quote:
I've had to answer what the term LOD meant before - figured a straight answer with no snark, in case you were serious was warranted. But you are correct, I misread your post. Sorry. 

don't worry man. i've had to multiple times as well including well technological things added in to my definitions. i've given it enough that i wonder if i should make a file and just copy and paste a pre set definition every time someone asks :D

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #3,652 of 7,509
Made a few changes:

iPod Video 5.5g (120gb, Rockboxed), Fiio L3 LOD, Fiio E11, Sony MDR-ZX700. Not pictured: Sennheiser IE8

The E11 brought a dramatic improvement to the sound of the ZX700. They sounded thin and sibilant directly out of the iPod, but with the E11 the sound is rich and full. Definitely a good investment. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #3,654 of 7,509
JH5 out for repair.. Driver disconnected from socket/internal wiring *&%&^$. 

SM3 reshell coming soon too.. All paired with a cowon J3. Pictures shall be up sooon.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #3,655 of 7,509

The rig that started it all.. Still sounds pretty good imho. 40gb rockboxed Clip+ ->fiio e5 -> Etymotics HF5. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #3,656 of 7,509

Simple yet effective. Rockboxed 40gb Clip+ -> DBA-02

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #3,658 of 7,509

Quote:
Made a few changes:

iPod Video 5.5g (120gb, Rockboxed), Fiio L3 LOD, Fiio E11, Sony MDR-ZX700. Not pictured: Sennheiser IE8

The E11 brought a dramatic improvement to the sound of the ZX700. They sounded thin and sibilant directly out of the iPod, but with the E11 the sound is rich and full. Definitely a good investment. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried a pair of those Sony's out at Best Buy a few weeks ago. Not sure if it was the 700's, but the SQ was really nice IMO. Thankfully, I could plug in my iPod instead of listening to their sample music. Not a big fan of the "touch here to listen" ( big red button )

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #3,659 of 7,509
It's a bit warmer than typical iPods are, but the sound is excellent bar the background noise (less than Sony Walkmen, but more than any normal hardware today).

Quote:
That shuffle was a godsend for snowboarding back when it came out, I loved that thing!  Come to think about it, I never sold it..I should look for it ha.

Hows the SQ?  In all honesty, back when I was using it for snowboarding, I didnt pay attention to source sound quality 
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back