Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #2,687 of 7,509
Sorry guys if my pics had no description... this is the first time i posted something, and i thought that when i entered the pic description it would automatically appear in my post...

@TheDreamthinker & Yuceka: The two photos on the first row is an ipod 2009 - fiio L9 - ibasso d-zero - shure se535 configuration... and yes, the d-zero is that slim, and packs a quite reasonable SQ, although i actually prefer the sound coming from a PB2. If only it was just as slim... and most importantly, just as cheap (hahaha
dt880smile.png
), i would have bought it.

The next two photos on the second row uses a local cmoy amp... a bit brighter than the d-0, but a lot rougher (not sure if i'm using the correct term here). I prefer the sounds from the d-zero.

My favorite configuration is as seen in the third row photos: ipod 2009 - silver lod - the d-zero. In between is an empty cig box - which rather predictably does nothing to the SQ, lol - covered in the d-zero's leather pouch. I had to use the cig box because the lod can't bend tool low, and i didn't want to break it by over-bending it.

In the future - not too far in the future, though 
wink_face.gif
, i wish to have a fostex hp-p1 and a jh 16. Wish me luck... hehe

btw, i'm new in this portable audio world... so, any sort of input, comments, or anything is much appreciated.

Thanks
gs1000.gif

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #2,689 of 7,509

Quote:

How does the arrow compare to a d-zero in terms of sq, if i may know... i'd love to audition an arrow, and it crossed my mind to get one...

Thanks...

You're probably asking this question to the wrong guy. I've never owned and Arrow :) But I can hazard a guess that it is much better than D-Zero :) 

Dec 9, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #2,691 of 7,509
How does the arrow compare to a d-zero in terms of sq, if i may know... i'd love to audition an arrow, and it crossed my mind to get one...

Thanks...

Quote:
pseudohippy       
The Arrow is even thinner and sounds fantastic. Not sure which has a bigger footprint though. The thinner the better in my book. I would not even consider using an amp if I didnt have hard to drive headphones that I like to use at work without a full sized desktop amp.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #2,696 of 7,509

Quote:
Does you rig fit in that case?

Unfortunately not.  I would have to modify the foam and the amp is a bit too thick.  I just keep the IEM's in the box. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #2,698 of 7,509
Ok dont have a camera on hand, using the ipod touch one and it sure is crappy heres take two, hopefully its better 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back