Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 10, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #2,718 of 7,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman1116 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

to do list: dac (maybe hrt music streamer II(+)?)

The HRT MS II+ has no place in a portable rig.  If you want something to listen to indoors with your Nano, maybe you're thinking of the iStreamer? I read that they're pretty rad for the price.

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #2,719 of 7,509

Quote:
Well that didn't last long.
tongue.gif

Why such a long LOD cable?  I used the Slim w/ a typical setup. Very small and no hassle to carry. LOD+ Slim being worth $400+ is highly debatable.

God, I'd love this rig!

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #2,720 of 7,509

Quote:
I have a set of M6's, that I just plug into my 4th gen iPod Touch.. IYO, how's the E6 help the sound?

I haven't heard the iPod touch but I find the shuffle to be a bit anemic in the low-end. I listen to alot of electro music (pretty well everything except trance and dubstep) and I find the E6 to help out quite a bit in the bass sections. I usually use it with no EQ or on EQ2. EQ1 just muddies everything up. I also find it crisps up the treble a bit. All-in-all I find it to be a more of a fun sound that makes stomping to work a bit more bearable.

Been really into electro swing lately and this combo plus ALACs of Odjbox's Cotton to Fabric has been putting a smile on my face all morning.

And really, for $25 it is worth trying out. I have an iBasso D-Zero on the way to pair with my Rockbox'd iPod video so we'll see how much of an improvement that is over this setup.

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #2,722 of 7,509

Rockbox on both, of course.
L3000.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #2,724 of 7,509
I really want a pair of M80s. I would've bought some already, but I have to wait until January to see if I have any extra from my amp fund to get a pair.

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2,725 of 7,509

Quote:
I really want a pair of M80s. I would've bought some already, but I have to wait until January to see if I have any extra from my amp fund to get a pair.

They are truly great supra-aural headphones.  The design lends itself to a few faults, but as a whole I'm incredibly happy with this purchase.  I've come across only a few headphones in my time that I can instantly say, "I will always keep these" and the M-80s are one of them.

I need to compile my thoughts into a review, but I can keep it brief and say that most will be pleased with their performance.

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #2,726 of 7,509
Quote:
The HRT MS II+ has no place in a portable rig.  If you want something to listen to indoors with your Nano, maybe you're thinking of the iStreamer? I read that they're pretty rad for the price.

oh, yea i know. i shouldve said that its for my desktop rig.
i dont think i would add a portable dac to my portable rig, doesnt really let me be portable with it if you know what i mean... even adding a mini-amp was a big jump in terms of size when compared to my nano but atleast it still fits in my pocket.
i think there are two different definitions of the word portable.
1. fit in pocket, listen to music while walking around, doing things outside, etc (iem, amp(preference), ipod)
2. be able to move the gear relatively easy from place to place and use it to set up a mini desktop rig and then listen to music in stationary state.. (iem/fullsize, amp(rx mk2), dac(solo), ipod/laptop))

yea hrt generally has some all around good for the money type of products but i think the istreamer needs ac power? but not sure.
i really like their concept of simplicity. 

"Simply plug your iPad, iPhone or iPod into the iStreamer; plug the iStreamer into its included power supply and your home entertainment system."

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #2,727 of 7,509

Quote:

Yeah, I would have too. But I feel like my GR10's satisfy me enough. No need for a pair of portable headphones.

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #2,729 of 7,509

Quote:
I'm giving my current portable away as a Christmas gift so I'll need a replacement soon. But my TOTL amp comes first. More important. :D

I'm giving away my portable rig soon as well too. But my DAC comes first. More important.
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #2,730 of 7,509
My purchases over the next few months will go something like this...

TOTL Amp (LF, DarkStar, Apache, B22, whatever...)
M80
W4S DAC 2

I decided to hold off on speakers until my headphone set up is absolutely complete. Focusing on 2 different rigs just seemed like way too much hassle.

Quote:
I'm giving away my portable rig soon as well too. But my DAC comes first. More important.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back