Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #2,659 of 7,509

Quote:
Sorry I should have included that. Yes you get the form from your local post office when you go in to mail it.

Thanks. I will try that (so obvious, stupid me).
Sorry for asking such a stupid question. I just wasn't sure because i practically never send objects via regular post.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #2,660 of 7,509

Excuse all the lint / dust :). Would anyone like to buy the amp + the LoD cables? Planning on just using the equalizer apps in the iPod Touch since I'm unable to notice much of a difference of SQ, but then again it could possibly be because of tinnitus.

And does anyone know what the hell happened here? This wasn't on purpose.. Was just taking a bunch of shots.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #2,662 of 7,509

Quote:
i've been following this thread for quite some time and i guess it's time i posted.  two transportable rigs each with its own purpose:

I am drooling very profusely right now. 
IMO if it doesn't needs mains power, its portable. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #2,663 of 7,509
Quote:
Excuse all the lint / dust :). Would anyone like to buy the amp + the LoD cables? Planning on just using the equalizer apps in the iPod Touch since I'm unable to notice much of a difference of SQ, but then again it could possibly be because of tinnitus.

And does anyone know what the hell happened here? This wasn't on purpose.. Was just taking a bunch of shots.

I like what you have done to your portable rig!

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #2,664 of 7,509

Quote:
I am drooling very profusely right now. 
IMO if it doesn't needs mains power, its portable. 

Use to have that rig, too bad it was a review sample.

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #2,665 of 7,509

Quote:
It's dead simple. As long as the player has a low enough output impedance to avoid giving the xovers a hard time, and the ability to play the IEMs loud enough for your tastes without any audible degradations from IMD, noise, harmonics and such, there is no need for an amplifier.

Most modern media players, like all the Sansas and iPods, manages this handily, making secondary amplifiers a waste of money and hassle.

I have to admit, the more i use my miracles out and about, the more i realize that simply grabbing my clip plus or ipod, plugging in and starting the music, is a lot more desirable than wiring up, and fiddling with an lod and an amp.

There is a special magic to playing customs through a simple clip+ and they really do sound good that way..   I will probably end up selling my pico slim and going the ultraportable route..    While LOD/amp sound quality is actually a pretty decent improvement, it really isnt worth $400 and the hassle.

Dec 7, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #2,666 of 7,509

Quote:

I have to admit, the more i use my miracles out and about, the more i realize that simply grabbing my clip plus or ipod, plugging in and starting the music, is a lot more desirable than wiring up, and fiddling with an lod and an amp.

There is a special magic to playing customs through a simple clip+ and they really do sound good that way..   I will probably end up selling my pico slim and going the ultraportable route..    While LOD/amp sound quality is actually a pretty decent improvement, it really isnt worth $400 and the hassle.

I'd like to hear what that LOD and Pico Slim could do for my Touch and Grados, but I'm a broke-arsed mofo....lol

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #2,667 of 7,509

Quote: 
atsmile.gif
On a PC, you can use db Power Amp (basic conversion abilities are free, and you can do it by right-clicking on selected FLAC files)

yeah but dbPowerAmp is a trial only version (I don't have credit card/paypal so I can't purchase anything online
blink.gif
) and comes with limitations. I converted my FLAC files with jetAudio into WMA lossless and then copied them into iTunes and iTunes automatically converted them into ALAC. both conversions included ID tags and album art. no drops in sq. the WMA files were a bit high in size. Job Done!
atsmile.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #2,668 of 7,509
Is it just me or do translucent custom iems(especially the red ones) look like gummy snacks?
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #2,670 of 7,509

What limitations? I've had no problems even after mine expired. The only thing I've noticed once it expired was the fact it no longer converts using all 4 cores so it's a bit slower. All I do is FLAC to ALAC and done...
Quote:
yeah but dbPowerAmp is a trial only version (I don't have credit card/paypal so I can't purchase anything online
blink.gif
) and comes with limitations. I converted my FLAC files with jetAudio into WMA lossless and then copied them into iTunes and iTunes automatically converted them into ALAC. both conversions included ID tags and album art. no drops in sq. the WMA files were a bit high in size. Job Done!
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back