Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 6, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #2,642 of 7,509
This is my portable stuff at the moment. Have not been using amps in a while, I feel they are not worth it with the iem's I have been using. Have no customs, maybe that is why I don't feel the need to use amps on the go.

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #2,643 of 7,509
Yes, it is 
smile.gif
. My girlfriend has the pink version and is delighted! The black one belongs to my mother 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Very sleek player.

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #2,645 of 7,509

Quote:
This is my portable stuff at the moment. Have not been using amps in a while, I feel they are not worth it with the iem's I have been using. Have no customs, maybe that is why I don't feel the need to use amps on the go.

You have my vote for going ampless :wink:
You'd be hard pressed to find an amplifier that will do an appreciably better job at driving demanding IEM's than that Clip+

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #2,646 of 7,509

Quote:
You have my vote for going ampless :wink:
You'd be hard pressed to find an amplifier that will do an appreciably better job at driving demanding IEM's than that Clip+

Oh, that's just pure awesomeoness! Kung Fu Panda blurb...

Dec 6, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #2,649 of 7,509

Quote:
i've been following this thread for quite some time and i guess it's time i posted.  two transportable rigs each with its own purpose:

I think, that would still qualify as portable here on Head-Fi.org.

P.S.: I am very sorry to interrupt. But as my RE262 are damaged, i would like to send them back, the instructionf from "Ms. T", say that i should mark the package as 5$. But how does that work? I tried asking "Ms. T", but those people at Head-Direct Support are not (cap)able to give me a straight forward answer to practically any of my questions. Plus, they need at least 1 week to answer to one email.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #2,650 of 7,509

They want you to mark the value as $5 so it cuts costs for them. Go ahead and do it. Reputable dealers do this a lot and risk having it damaged in transit but cuts costs. 

They will replace it if it's damaged in transit.
Quote:
I think, that would still qualify as portable here on Head-Fi.org.

P.S.: I am very sorry to interrupt. But as my RE262 are damaged, i would like to send them back, the instructionf from "Ms. T", say that i should mark the package as 5$. But how does that work? I tried asking "Ms. T", but those people at Head-Direct Support are not (cap)able to give me a straight forward answer to practically any of my questions. Plus, they need at least 1 week to answer to one email.

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #2,651 of 7,509

Quote:
They want you to mark the value as $5 so it cuts costs for them. Go ahead and do it. Reputable dealers do this a lot and risk having it damaged in transit but cuts costs. 

They will replace it if it's damaged in transit.

Yes, i know what they their goal is, but i don't know how to do it. Do I just need write Value: 5$ on packaging?

I rarely send objects over half the globe by post. Most of the time, i have it delivered to the companies doorstep, that way it won't get lost.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #2,652 of 7,509
Most likely you'll fill out a customs form that will ask for value. Putting it on the package wouldn't matter. 

Quote:
Yes, know what they their goal is, but i don't know how to do it. Do I just need write Value: 5$ on packaging?

I rarely send objects over half the globe by post. Most of the time, i have it delivered to the companies doorstep, that way it won't get lost.

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #2,653 of 7,509

Quote:

Was caught off guard by the Captain America skin when I got it, but I bought this rig off a fellow Head-Fier. Think I'll get a nice case for the Classic as well

iPod Classic 160 > Algo Solo > Rx Mk II > HE 500 (or HD 598). Also came with nice custom silver Whiplash cables.

Just converted all my FLAC to ALAC. Had a little to listen to at work today. Amazed.

Thinking I need something a little more practical for more frequent use. Considering the Shure 535, SRH 940, and Westone 4.

What is the application do you use to convert FLAC to ALAC? 
Thanks in advance buddy :)

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #2,654 of 7,509

Quote:

on a mac, i use XLD as it can convert FLAC directly to ALAC (no WAV step) and maintains metadata in the process.  it also gives you the option to automatically add to your iTunes db after conversion.  i'm not a pc guy but i understand that dbpoweramp can also convert FLAC > ALAC.

Dec 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #2,655 of 7,509

Quote:

On a PC, you can use db Power Amp (basic conversion abilities are free, and you can do it by right-clicking on selected FLAC files)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back