Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Dec 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #2,614 of 7,509

Quote:
iPhone 4S 64 GB + JH5 and JH13

Oh mah. That looks so awesome. I've always wanted a white iPhone 4. Maybe I'll go that direction when the 5 comes out...

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #2,617 of 7,509

Quote:
Pretty sure you could get banned for that... 
rolleyes.gif

I've spent way too much money on audio stuff recently
$300 for the hm601, $100 for the RE0s, $400 for my HD650s
All I'm going to buy is an amp
And maybe a DAC
And a record player or an SACD player
It's a slippery slope man

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #2,618 of 7,509
Trust me I know. My spending plan for next year is entirely audio...about 14 grand of it. Getting into speakers is a terrible idea.

Quote:
$30for the hm601, $100 for the RE0s, $400 for my HD650s
And maybe a DAC

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #2,619 of 7,509
All the advice we can give is enjoy what you have now knowing it can get better but not necessarily more enjoyable, maybe refined.  Music has the power to move you in any rig.  If you've loved music all your life then better equipment may not enhance the experience.  With that warning, let's hope you haven't fallen to far down the slope already 
biggrin.gif
.  I also started out with the HM-601 + RE-Zero.  Then the HD-650s.  Then a SACD player, a couple DACs and stand-alone headphone amps..............
I recently sold my SACD player.  Portable and computer audio is just getting better and better nowadays.  Not to say it will replace a SACD player but for my lifestyle a CD player just wasn't going to get used much.  Early on I probably should have committed to computer audio or SACD player and then throw in an amp to be done.  I ended up with both formats.  Lesson learned.

Quote:
$300 for the hm601, $100 for the RE0s, $400 for my HD650s
And maybe a DAC

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #2,620 of 7,509

Quote:
Except that it somehow gets in the way of navigating it. If only the velcro is that strong to hold up the amp (amp looks heavy)

This is just temporary. I also will change the connection cabel. The band is strong enough to hold both properly together but I will get a second one and place them on the side so I can navigate the player and it will hold the both even better together.

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #2,621 of 7,509
that slippery slope you guys go on about scares me with audio stuff! lol and i thought i was bad.. been through 3 phones in 12 months trying to find one with an acceptable mp3 player and now i get it i'm modifying it and tweaking my senn mx880s...i have to stop myself ordering parts for a cmoy and crossfeed every payday as it is and i'm just managing to stop lol

I love the rigs using the clip+ players.. simple, rubber cased, compact.. would like to see more mods to the players themselves but thats a slippery slope for me i find myself wanting the thing just to do the mod lol

will post my new quality on a super low budget rig when it's finished soon

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #2,623 of 7,509

Quote:
that slippery slope you guys go on about scares me with audio stuff! lol and i thought i was bad.. been through 3 phones in 12 months trying to find one with an acceptable mp3 player and now i get it i'm modifying it and tweaking my senn mx880s...i have to stop myself ordering parts for a cmoy and crossfeed every payday as it is and i'm just managing to stop lol

I love the rigs using the clip+ players.. simple, rubber cased, compact.. would like to see more mods to the players themselves but thats a slippery slope for me i find myself wanting the thing just to do the mod lol

will post my new quality on a super low budget rig when it's finished soon

Rockbox is easily the best mod for the Sansa Clip, and it's free 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back