Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #2,027 of 7,509

Quote:
Updated the cable of my HD25:

happy story: I dotn feel the need to upgrade portables anymore, Im happy with the HD25, M80 and V6 (now rarelly) and the TF10, mini3 as an amp if needed, for the HD25 sometimes. I just wish my zune was still alive or that I had a better DAP, seriously iPod headphone out sucks.

nice

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #2,028 of 7,509

Quote:
As requested:

An old one thrown in for good measure (Shuffle with an Otterbox waterproof case and PK3s):

Ha.....Nice!!!..........Freakin' awesome pics........Yes, I quoted pics because we are on a new page.....Let's keep the blood pressure down.....The Shuffle 1G started it all for me...

The Shuffle with the SM E10s...I would show the entire cable, however, it might poke my eye out...lol....

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #2,029 of 7,509
I'm enjoying the newest shuffle.I just have to be careful where I set it down so I don't lose it.
smile_phones.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #2,031 of 7,509

Quote:

Just out of the box. Now I just need to find some M50 pads...

EDIT: Best cans under 150 USD. :D

Ooooooo new Koss headphones first impressions please
bigsmile_face.gif
. Very sexy looking cans by the way................I can't believe I just said sexy cans to another guy
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #2,032 of 7,509
Hoping to do a full review after I get some new pads. Impressions are just what I said up there. Best headphone under 150 USD money can buy. 

At first they feel a little cheap build wise, but it's mostly aluminum so it's not that bad. The cord is the worst part being a coiled cord (I think I may reachable them)...but the sound is amazing. Bass goes deep but they're mid focused for sure. 

Comparing to my other (sub 100) headphone (the XB700) there's no contest. The XB700s are fun, but the DJ100 bests it in almost every way. The bass goes deep and is textured nicely, and the mids make the vocals really pop out. Highs haven't bothered me yet and they're leaps and bounds above the XB700. 

My only real complaints about these headphone are the cable and the ear pads. These are the only headphones I've gotten hot ears from, but again neither are unlivable. Favorite portable and overall can under 150. 

Oh, and the 'Mono' switch is a neat feature. One some older recordings that are obviously meant for speakers it improves them slightly (IMO) by playing the full track in both ears.

Quote:
Ooooooo new Koss headphones first impressions please
bigsmile_face.gif
. Very sexy looking cans by the way................I can't believe I just said sexy cans to another guy
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #2,033 of 7,509

Quote:
Hoping to do a full review after I get some new pads. Impressions are just what I said up there. Best headphone under 150 USD money can buy. 

Review!! Comparisons with the norms please!! This price range is the beginning of everything...

Oct 26, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #2,034 of 7,509
Kind of ironic I'm buying a pair of the pro dj 100s off another head fi member. Here in a month after I have some time to get and burn them in, test thoroughly you guys can catch my review on the product page

Oct 26, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #2,036 of 7,509
I think you'll like it. Haven't met anyone yet that has reacted negatively to it. 

Quote:
Kind of ironic I'm buying a pair of the pro dj 100s off another head fi member. Here in a month after I have some time to get and burn them in, test thoroughly you guys can catch my review on the product page

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #2,037 of 7,509

Quote:
I think you'll like it. Haven't met anyone yet that has reacted negatively to it. 

offtopic, but...

How are the dj100 with metal?:p Interested in getting DJ100 or SRH440 for portable for my sister's husband, he hears 100% meal (trash, nu, etc etc). Looking for sub $100 closed cans :)

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #2,038 of 7,509
Just put some Sybreed, Threat Signal, In Flames, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Trivium, and Amorphis through them and I think they handle them well. Quick enough to keep up. I don't listen to much metal anymore, but I've always thought metal depends much more on the recording than anything else (even the headphones).

Either way, they do well (IMO) because of the mid focus and in line bass the rest doesn't get drowned out even on poor recordings. 

Also, inb4notmetal lol

Quote:
offtopic, but...

How are the dj100 with metal?:p Interested in getting DJ100 or SRH440 for portable for my sister's husband, he hears 100% meal (trash, nu, etc etc). Looking for sub $100 closed cans :)

Oct 26, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #2,040 of 7,509

Here's an update of my portable/transportable rig.  I just got a micro pelican case and my PA2v2 and clip plus fit quite nicely!

There's just enough room for the PA2v2 to fit in the other direction too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back