Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Sep 15, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #1,366 of 7,509

Quote:

NOT THE MOST PORTABLE BUT THE BEST SOUNDING RIG IN THIS THREAD FOR SURE :)

GRADO Professional Series 1000 + Sansa Fuze + FiioE5 = Flac heaven
Plastic-rings for extra metal-frame protection + coloring for exact side placement (WHITE LEFT - RED RIGHT)

Sexxxxxxyyyyy :)

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #1,368 of 7,509

Quote:

JH5s came in today!

They look awesome, though I'm sure they sound awesome as well.  Better keep those two side apart, they're always fighting each other ya know!
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #1,372 of 7,509

Quote:
*snipped Zune HD pics*

how is it SQ?

It seems to be very accurate and uncolored to me with the EQ disabled.  Get out the headphones, and at first PortaPros sound muffled on the mid-high end and overly mid-bassy with it, and Grados sound a little bass-light and a little too bright. It has EQ presets, not a custom EQ, and they're better than nothing, but not the greatest option. I found one that helped the PortaPros sound a little clearer, though. The Grados, if I sit and listen for a little while, the brain adjusts to their signature just fine.

It doesn't  have as much output power as my Touch 4G, and of course there is no line-out available(or any EQ apps for that matter). The headphone-out sounds clean enough to use with an amp, although I don't have much to test that with.....an old PA2v2 (one of the very early ones) and a FiiO E3(which I almost didn't bother trying). At max volume into the PA2V2, no distortion is present....the amp doesn't change the signature, it just adds volume, as there's no bass boost  or crossfeed like some of the newer amps out there. The E3, just as I remembered, threw a veil on the sound and added a slight bit of mid-bass and volume. I'm thinking that the new E6 might work nicely with this player though.

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #1,373 of 7,509

Quote:

They look awesome, though I'm sure they sound awesome as well.  Better keep those two side apart, they're always fighting each other ya know!
wink.gif

yes definitely awesome. Better than any universal i've tried thus far. TF10, DBA-02, w4, UM3x, SM3. I like it a lot. Deep impactful bass, neutral mids that's slightly coloured, and wonderful highs. It's slightly sibilant though... maybe it's just my J3.

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #1,374 of 7,509

Quote:
Nice! Pretty rare to see Final Audios here, how do you like them?

I like them, although not as much as my e-Q5's. The soundstage on the Heaven S is nice, but I still like my jazz and slower music with my e-Q5's, such a silky and sweet midrange.

P.S. I wrote a review about 4 months ago, but wasn't very experienced with sound back then, but I've come along way, gotten a bunch of new gear, and know how to judge better. So, I'll have a better review soon.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #1,380 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back