Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Jun 30, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #5,491 of 7,509
Quote:
And, the LOD was made by me, not by Qusp.

you could almost swear it was mine though. … very 'similar' format

perhaps a bit longer than mine

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #5,492 of 7,509
Quote:

you could almost swear it was mine though. … very 'similar' format

perhaps a bit longer than mine

Yes, It is quite a similar format. I use Milliput epoxy putty to mould the body - same as you do I believe. But the jack on this is a 'Acrolink' one from Lunashops. I couldnt bring myself to cut down an Oyaide... not yet.

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #5,493 of 7,509
Here is my portable rig. Kind of basic but i love it. Excuse all the dust, it really comes through in the pics 
wink_face.gif

Sennheiser IE80
Fiio E17 with L9 LOD
iPod Nano 2G

Im looking to make some improvements to this setup. Firstly i want to replace the Nano 2G with the iPod 5.5 because of the better dac, although the one in the Nano isn't bad. I also want to get toxic cables to replace the IE80 stock cable and the Fiio LOD.

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #5,494 of 7,509
Quote:
Here is my portable rig. Kind of basic but i love it. Excuse all the dust, it really comes through in the pics 
wink_face.gif

Sennheiser IE80
Fiio E17 with L9 LOD
iPod Nano 2G

Im looking to make some improvements to this setup. Firstly i want to replace the Nano 2G with the iPod 5.5 because of the better dac, although the one in the Nano isn't bad. I also want to get toxic cables to replace the IE80 stock cable and the Fiio LOD.

I'll start with replacing the rubberbands XDD

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #5,495 of 7,509
Quote:

Haha i thought someone would mention that. Honestly i couldn't find anything around the house that gets the job done any better lol. The rubber bands that came with the E17 are too loose because the Nano is just so thin.

Jun 30, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #5,496 of 7,509
Haha i thought someone would mention that. Honestly i couldn't find anything around the house that gets the job done any better lol. The rubber bands that came with the E17 are too loose because the Nano is just so thin.

That itself justifies the iPod clastic upgrade too!

your setup looks very neat. I should use my ipc, e17 and in ears more often :)

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #5,499 of 7,509
Quote:

There Fischer Amps FA-3E's. Not heard of them till recently, when sepinho posted pictures a few pages back .They are produced in Germany and sound very very good so far ( only used them for about 10 - 12 hours since they arrived Tuesday ). They do look like 'universal customs', which is part of what attracted me.

They are pretty comfortable and the best isolation I have gotten so far. Very revelaling and pretty neutral sounding.

Nice... congrats on the upgrade.  You still use the TripleFi10?  The cost of those though, puts you right in the ballpark of an entry level Custom (Heir Audio 3.A and 4.A).

Jun 30, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #5,500 of 7,509
Quote:
Glad to see you've already received them. And glad to hear you like them. I'm using mine more than I thought I would, considering I bought mine a few days after receiving my W4Rs.

Thanks for helping me out with that. They seem quite fit dependant to me - to get the best out of them I need to adjust the angle after insertion. They do sound really good :D

Jul 1, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #5,501 of 7,509
Quote:

Don't worry, I use rubber bands too. 
gs1000.gif

A
nd soon I will have this pure solid silver interconnect cable. I'm not sure how I'm going to make this look neat though.

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #5,502 of 7,509
Quote:

Quote:

I use a rubber band too, to connect my rockboxed Clip Zip to my FiiO E6.....so you're not the only one!

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #5,504 of 7,509
Quote:
What jacks are those?

I'm not sure, I read something about them being anti magnetic.

Here's where  my brother bought it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280610826236?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back