Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
May 31, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #227 of 7,509
Its westone 4s
rolleyes.gif
, they take alot of effort to get a decent fit.

Jun 1, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #229 of 7,509
What's up with those eartips?

Some people get UM56s, I've made my own version. I wouldn't worry about High_Q, she's still unhappy about the mods threatening to ban her for flaming in the W4 thread.

*I don't need the complys to get a good seal, but my earcanals are an annoying diameter that makes the triple flanges crease if I have them in for more than 3 hours so they're there to maintain the shape of the biggest flange.

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #231 of 7,509

Quote:
How old are...whatever cables those are? It's been my experience that silver used in clear cabling will turn green at about a year of use.

It Whiplash TWag V1. About 8 months old.

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #232 of 7,509

Quote:
Very much a work in progress

iPod Classic, generic LOD (FiiO L9 inbound), SoundMAGIC A10 (to be replaced by Arrow 4G when available) and Westone 4.

If anyone could tell me where I could get some black silicone bands for not much I'd appreciate it...

If it works for you then that's cool. Personally never had issue with my W3's and don't with W4's, the large soft silicone tips work well for me.

Talking of silicone, how about one of these?

$(KGrHqV,!jME2HmI+CP7BNk2BbFG!Q~~_12.JPG

Charlie Sheen Wristband Lol...

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #233 of 7,509

Quote:
If it works for you then that's cool. Personally never had issue with my W3's and don't with W4's, the large soft silicone tips work well for me.

Talking of silicone, how about one of these?

%24(KGrHqV,!jME2HmI+CP7BNk2BbFG!Q~~_12.JPG

Charlie Sheen Wristband Lol...

Let me be clear on the tips once and for all: I can get a good seal with just stock triple flanges; with the additions I've made, I am completely closed off from the outside world, such is the perfect isolation - I can't hear traffic/heavy vehicles, doors slamming, urban noise, nothing. But that's a derail from my setup. Has anyone else with an A10 noticed quick drop-off in output quality after about 30 minutes of consecutive use? I'm not sure if I was hearing things or whether I had the iPod EQ on something crappy (read: any of the presets) but I started to hear the highs going grainy. 

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #235 of 7,509
Jun 2, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #236 of 7,509

Jun 2, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #238 of 7,509
Spud, the case is made specially for ipod and iqube v1 combo. You can google Valgrind Audio, its a Singapore based company i believe but i think they are not making cases like this anymore.

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #240 of 7,509
Wah! Nice! Too bad Stereo's not selling them anymore... Maybe I can convince my wife to sew me something like that hmmm...

Quote:
Spud, the case is made specially for ipod and iqube v1 combo. You can google Valgrind Audio, its a Singapore based company i believe but i think they are not making cases like this anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back