Quote:
Ok I realise I suck at product shots 
biggrin.gif

It's really hard (if not impossible) to make the Edition 8 look bad 
biggrin.gif
 This is my favorite shot.

May 29, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #198 of 7,509
Quote:
Is it actually wise to carry the Ed. 8 around in public.

Probably not.  You'll just have to deal with somebody telling you you should have got the Beats instead.

May 29, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #200 of 7,509
I happened to be talking about this yesterday with the missus and we realised that I'm usually walking about with about $10k in total on me... Well, the Ed8 makes up a fifth of it... In any case, Singapore's a safe place :) And yeah... people probably only know that Beats cost $$$~

Mmm they look prone to scratches but I think its pretty hard to really leave obvious marks. I can't even find any hairline scratches after a month of "abuse" bringing them everywhere with me lol.

May 29, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #201 of 7,509
Haha glad someone likes it :)

Quote:
It's really hard (if not impossible) to make the Edition 8 look bad 
biggrin.gif
 This is my favorite shot.

May 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #203 of 7,509
My recently completed rig

Sansa Fuze V2 (4 GB + 16GB) + RE-ZEROs

My home Rig

My Mini^3 amp

Fuze V2 + Modded LOD + Mini^3 + RE0

May 29, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #204 of 7,509

Rodrigo Pita 
L3000.gif

May 29, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #205 of 7,509

Quote:
My recently completed rig

I thought you were going to go with high voltage 220uF caps?  How does it sound with the bigger caps?  I did some reading, and it states the following about large electrolytics:

Reportedly types with higher rated voltages do better in terms of distortion when used as coupling caps (they usually have a lower DF, and their thicker oxide layer means that they'll survive longer unbiased time spans without becoming leaky – you don't want your precious signal currents to be used for stuffing holes in Al2O3 layers). The findings of Jung suggest the distortion generation mechanism to be related to current through or at least signal voltage drop across the capacitor.

May 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #206 of 7,509
Quote:
I meant the actual value that you are carrying around with you....
to me they also look prone to scratches.

The best satire always has a grain of truth to it.  That grain is the fact that nobody is going to know what they're worth till they look it up on the internet after they mug you so its not going to be dangerous.

Also, ruthenium is used as wear-plating on high stress electrical contacts.  It may be a fingerprint magnet, but it isn't going to scratch easily.  The ruthenium is a much more practical choice than either the palladium or the wood inlay LE if you're using it on the go.  For that much money, I'd have to use it on the go too in order to increase its value proposition.  The more you use it, the more you get for your money.

May 29, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #207 of 7,509

Quote:
I thought you were going to go with high voltage 220uF caps?  How does it sound with the bigger caps?  I did some reading, and it states the following about large electrolytics:

Reportedly types with higher rated voltages do better in terms of distortion when used as coupling caps (they usually have a lower DF, and their thicker oxide layer means that they'll survive longer unbiased time spans without becoming leaky – you don't want your precious signal currents to be used for stuffing holes in Al2O3 layers). The findings of Jung suggest the distortion generation mechanism to be related to current through or at least signal voltage drop across the capacitor.

Actually, when i built the Mini^3, i wasnt satisfied. i figured out that the default LOD caps were compressing everything, making the sound congested.
basically, this is just a desperate attempt to get the default caps off. and also, the LOD also contains Ceramic caps inside (i know, ceramics might be a big No No, but, i was desparate)
So its like 25 V 100uF caps and .1uF ceramics.
when i used these Vishay Caps without the .1uF ones, the sound wasnt complete, it was like the Caps were eating a part of the spectrum.
using the .1uF ones had alot of treble, but very less bass. i saw that 10uF caps when used to bypass .1uF Polypropylene caps had more bass, i heard bass that i hadn't had on the RE0s before.
i am basically going to experiment alot with the Caps on LODs in a few days. targets would be 100uF Nichicon Caps (Bipolar Muse series) and the Caps in the LOD that ClieOS had.
using just electrolytics seems to kill the treble in my songs.

May 29, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #208 of 7,509

May 30, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #210 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back