Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Nov 11, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #2,267 of 7,509
There are some possible advantages in running this rig.  The 801 is capable of outputting at least 24/96 high res music whereas an ipod is limited to 16/48.  I dont know if the HP-P1 has the capability of dealing with the high res though whereas a CLAS could.  

I would love to hear the thought process and design goals of bringing this rig together.

Quote:
I have seen quite a lot here on Head-Fi.org and how far people want to go for this hobby (especially in port-rigs).

But in this case, i am questioning the price performance ratio. 
Spending this much on a home-rig is already a lot, but in the area of port-rigs.....

I would appreciate some general opinions on your own rig and whether you think it was worth it.
How did people react when you told them the price of the rig?

Thanks.  

This is not meant to be an insult of any kind.

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #2,270 of 7,509

Quote:
I'm actually questioning if there is a purpose to that level of excess...

I guess he is using the line-in of HP-P1 for the HM801, and using the step dance amp for the X-CC.    HP-P1 has good DAC but average amp, and HM801 has the warm signature which may be compensated by the stepdance.   X-CC does not sound good amped, so will be interesting to know how it sounds.   But that is one sick rig.

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #2,272 of 7,509
Overkill anyone? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #2,273 of 7,509

Quote:
I guess he is using the line-in of HP-P1 for the HM801, and using the step dance amp for the X-CC.    HP-P1 has good DAC but average amp, and HM801 has the warm signature which may be compensated by the stepdance.   X-CC does not sound good amped, so will be interesting to know how it sounds.   But that is one sick rig.

That is sort of what I was figuring from what I have heard/read about those various components however just the sheer financial scale of that makes me question the sense in it, but to each his own I guess...

Nov 12, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #2,275 of 7,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by arekkusu0107

801 > HP-P1 > Stepdance > Final Audio X-CC

I love it!

Any discussion of value is relative to the resources that are available and also one's priorities.For example, that is not a lot of money for someone who is truly rich. And it just might give great pleasure.

Nov 12, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #2,277 of 7,509

Users who are viewing this thread

Back