Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Oct 12, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #1,831 of 7,509

Quote:

Well, that's nice of them to give you 3 extra cables included! They don't even look bad. 

The cables with the controls feel stiff and seem overly tangle prone the dark cable with no controls is rather nice though. The big plus for me as far as cables go is all their cable jacks are 45 degree jacks which works very well as far as portable use goes. Only time will tell how the other two cables hold up but I agree it was a rather nice bonus. If you're interested check out my M-80 pics folder. I'm in the middle of writing a review for them and I'm going to use most of those pics and set up a pics gallery. You get a pretty nice selection of gear with the M-80 IMO. Here check out some more pics.

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #1,832 of 7,509

Quote:
mmh....which one could it be....?

How are the WESC?

Quite Good,Don't get them mixed up with Skull Candy's,i bet you nobody heard of WESC till now...their a swedish brand.
Heres the Spec's: 40mm titanium drivers
                        • 1kHz sensitivity: 105 dB
                        • impedance: 32 Ohms
                        • frequence range: 20-20 000 Hz

overall i Like them,i just retired my old Second generation ipod nano & they couldn't drive them fully then what i hear with the Cowon j3 player & Flac file's...the E11 headphone really kicks them up a notch too.

the sound imaging is good,Doesn't sound in-closed like a cheap pair of phone's that can't produce highs or mid's,the music will sound like it's there,The treble is slightly bright,but nothing over the top,Rock listeners will love these headphone's i'm playing "La Grange by ZZ top" right now and it sound's great..ALSO TRANCE MUSIC sound's good,the bass hits nice & quick...one minor problem with these headphone,they fit kinda tight on your ear's so i think they'll never fall off on the go,but another good thing,they also block outside noise nicely.

they use to make a red/black verison that look's like the "Phiaton MS400" but i don't see them on there website any more,but i got the all white verison,that Random people in public ask me about alot.....their first comment holding my headphone's is "These look expensive,how much are they???,nice!!".....i guess it's the Chrome like finish of polished stainless steel & the white leather is what makes them say that,feel pretty damn soild too...well they are $220,but that's nothing's with the higher priced can's out there,got mine for $170 on sale shipped via Fedex from Sweden....Oop's,one other problem...my all white headphone's tend to gather small dirty spots from me & People wanting to look & touch them....grrr....interior car cleaner here i come again.

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #1,834 of 7,509

Quote:
Quite Good,Don't get them mixed up with Skull Candy's,i bet you nobody heard of WESC till now...their a swedish brand.
Heres the Spec's: 40mm titanium drivers                        • 1kHz sensitivity: 105 dB                        • impedance: 32 Ohms                        • frequence range: 20-20 000 Hz

overall i Like them,i just retired my old Second generation ipod nano & they couldn't drive them fully then what i hear with the Cowon j3 player & Flac file's...the E11 headphone really kicks them up a notch too.

the sound imaging is good,Doesn't sound in-closed like a cheap pair of phone's that can't produce highs or mid's,the music will sound like it's there,The treble is slightly bright,but nothing over the top,Rock listeners will love these headphone's i'm playing "La Grange by ZZ top" right now and it sound's great..ALSO TRANCE MUSIC sound's good,the bass hits nice & quick...one minor problem with these headphone,they fit kinda tight on your ear's so i think they'll never fall off on the go,but another good thing,they also block outside noise nicely.

they use to make a red/black verison that look's like the "Phiaton MS400" but i don't see them on there website any more,but i got the all white verison,that Random people in public ask me about alot.....their first comment holding my headphone's is "These look expensive,how much are they???,nice!!".....i guess it's the Chrome like finish of polished stainless steel & the white leather is what makes them say that,feel pretty damn soild too...well they are $220,but that's nothing's with the higher priced can's out there,got mine for $170 on sale shipped via Fedex from Sweden....Oop's,one other problem...my all white headphone's tend to gather small dirty spots from me & People wanting to look & touch them....grrr....interior car cleaner here i come again.

Actually I listened to a lot of WESC headphones and they all sound really really really bad! A colleague of mine had a WESC and i made him test test my ath-sj55 (which is low end) and he was already impressed. For him the sound of the WESC was good because he never heard anything else.

BUT the Basoon is the only good headphone of WESC, and you can get that by the price. While an usual casual WESC headphones cost around 50€, the bassoon is like 3/4 times the price.

My bet is that for the same price you could get better but since I never tested the Bassoon, I can't tell.

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #1,835 of 7,509

Quote:
too detailed?

My bad for not clarifying, it was not intended as a criticism of the earphones, more an observation of the new listening experience. I think because my ears were so accustomed to the stock earphones, my brain could not instantly process all the detail from the new earphones, it took a while. It's like when you get too much wax in your ears and you have them syringed, suddenly you can hear everything in so much detail. Its a little overwhelming to start with, too detailed, but then you realise what you were missing. I'm hoping to purchase the JH11's or JH16 soon but I didn't want to be using $1200 IEM's in my work environment, so I decided to get a second pair of earphones; something comfortable, inexpensive and with good sound quality, that I could use everyday without the worry of them getting stolen or damaged, so I purchased the EX310LP.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #1,837 of 7,509
agreed, i didnt want to blast them but they are just horrible even if they were 30 but 170 is unbelievable for this.

My sister uses the basoon's but only as a fashion accessory, shes a club promoter and its all about the image :wink:, but she uses the aiaiai to listen at home.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #1,840 of 7,509
Oct 12, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #1,841 of 7,509

Quote:
Heres the Spec's: 40mm titanium drivers                        • 1kHz sensitivity: 105 dB                        • impedance: 32 Ohms                        • frequence range: 20-20 000 Hz

I need to admit that i haven't yet auditioned WESC's intensively (only briefly). But I do not really expect anything incredible/world-changing from them.
The worst i have listened to (as i can remember) are UrbanEars (imo look & sound terrible). 

But of course everybody his own. I still would be interested to give your 170$ WESCs a listen. 

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #1,842 of 7,509

Quote:
nice photoshopping =) the pink is real pink, but nt that pink, or is it my new led asus lcd monitor over saturating the image?

You're right, it's not that pink, but it isn't far from it.

And it wasn't 'shopped, it was Gimp'd :wink:

This is closer to real life, but as you see the Shuffle wasn't what I fixed the most.

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #1,843 of 7,509
eeeewww now thats what i call the end justifying the means. 

good to know, i used to work in prepress and only got this monitor yesterday, so still feeling it out for accuracy and i delayed buying an led lit monitor till now because i was a little concerned about it producing images that 'pop' just a little bit too much. seems pretty good though; i guess the tech of at least the higher end models has matured.

Oct 12, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #1,844 of 7,509

Quote:
Actually I listened to a lot of WESC headphones and they all sound really really really bad! A colleague of mine had a WESC and i made him test test my ath-sj55 (which is low end) and he was already impressed. For him the sound of the WESC was good because he never heard anything else.

BUT the Basoon is the only good headphone of WESC, and you can get that by the price. While an usual casual WESC headphones cost around 50€, the bassoon is like 3/4 times the price.

My bet is that for the same price you could get better but since I never tested the Bassoon, I can't tell.

i never heard anything beside's the bassoon model from WESC,but judging the headphone market with Cheap phone's & a 448 milllion dollar profit from them,i wouldn't be surprised if the lower models were Cheap plastic drivers in a fancy pair of headphone's from china......so maybe i should take my comment back about WESC not being like skull candy when it come's to lower model design's..

coming from sennheiser hd555,i'm still happy with the sound from Bassoon,having the bass EQ set on 1 with the Fiio E11 make's them come alive a little more since they were lacking bass without messing with any of the EQ on the cowon J3....and Yes there could be better headphones for the price i paid like Aiaiai TMA-1,Phiaton MS400,or Grado SR225i in the same price range,but i Dared to try something new since i saw them at CES 2011 las vega's,still glad i did try something new,the bass on them has that "sealed 12'' subwoofer" Feeling to them,Clean & punchy IMO
  http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/01/ces-headphones-hands-on/?pid=1126

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #1,845 of 7,509
08365318994547864992.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back