Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Apr 19, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #3,062 of 3,208

I am very interesting in your reasons why.

Well, I just sold the TMA-1 (well, pending sale), and the Arrow may have to go too...along with the J3...

TMA-1 was because I needed something with a more neutral sound, and I'm considering hitting up the IEM umbrella for portable use.

The rest may have to go because of a recent cash emergency that has come up...I'm REALLY hoping I get to keep the rig, but that hinges on some of my Craigslist items selling...

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #3,064 of 3,208

Quote:
I asked because i see a divided opinions on the TMA, it has some fanbase who swear is the best ever, but it also has a lot of users who claim it to be too dark...

I guess its one of thos love or hate things

kinda like all the other popular headphones on Head-Fi 
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #3,065 of 3,208
I asked because i see a divided opinions on the TMA, it has some fanbase who swear is the best ever, but it also has a lot of users who claim it to be too dark...

I guess its one of thos love or hate things
kinda like all the other popular headphones on Head-Fi 
tongue.gif

It is the darkest headphone I have ever heard...And I swear by it. I just can't have more than one portable and more than one home can (especially with this situation that's come up).

Most comfortable portable I've ever worn. Something about it just made it brilliant for me. It's ridiculously durable being made out of all rubber. Easy to recable/replace the cable. They look great and sound great on top of all that.

They are like a cave that hasn't seen light in a million years (DARK), but with a little extra juice they really open up.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #3,066 of 3,208
@aLmOsT

Ok.. that's hot, I get all fuzzy and warm seeing that solo there would love to test it, but i'll settle with an arrow which you also have right there >__> for the time being

@MorbidToaster

It's so bad that as for yesterday I finally got the HD25s I was looking for since a local shop messed up on the exchange rate and they where for 200 usd, quite impossible for a small shop in my town, to give you an idea the Beats Solo where next to it for.... *drumroll*  430 usd, back to what I was going to say, It's so bad that now that i have the HD I really want a TMA-1, due to the undenying love they show for it around here? .

Plus what the hell is this I finally got the one headphone I wanted that I havent even burned in and I already want another one?!

I swear Head-fi is like a drug.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #3,067 of 3,208
be careful of the upgrade bug.

Dark is def not my prefered signature, but them i am curious about the TMA, too bad i cant really sell them if i dont like them.

@Zabardo, kudos on the HD25! impressive cans. question, does the PA2V2 adds them more body in the bass? cause i could swear my mini3 does

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #3,068 of 3,208
@aLmOsT

Ok.. that's hot, I get all fuzzy and warm seeing that solo there would love to test it, but i'll settle with an arrow which you also have right there >__> for the time being

@MorbidToaster

It's so bad that as for yesterday I finally got the HD25s I was looking for since a local shop messed up on the exchange rate and they where for 200 usd, quite impossible for a small shop in my town, to give you an idea the Beats Solo where next to it for.... *drumroll*  430 usd, back to what I was going to say, It's so bad that now that i have the HD I really want a TMA-1, due to the undenying love they show for it around here? .

Plus what the hell is this I finally got the one headphone I wanted that I havent even burned in and I already want another one?!

I swear Head-fi is like a drug.

If you find the HD 25-1s comfortable, I'd keep them. They're better all rounder than the TMA-1. My biggest problem with the 25s was the comfort...I just couldn't handle it. The TMA-1 really shines with EDM, or for Bassheads in general...but other than that it's just so dark.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #3,069 of 3,208
I have 2 sets of HD25-1 II, and one of them is way way more loose than the other, its older (i got both used) the 'almost new' one has strong clamping force, i can still manage it by spliting the headband tho, but Im sure it will loose a bit with time.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #3,070 of 3,208
@JamesMcProgger

I think it does can't really say at this poin, first 30minutes of listening, it sounded really high and waaaarm, 10 hours of burn in sounded really daaark moody and low, 18 hours and now is sounded more "complete" or full?, it's been quite a rollercoster, but It should just for the fact of going LOD rather than headphone output.

@MorbidToaster

At the beggining when I just took them out of the box, they where literally crushing my skill stopping all the blood flow to my brain, it sounded good but the clampness was way too much, so I did the only thing that I could thought to fix it, just go lo-fi grabbed a teddybear about the size of my head and let the headphones rest there, 12 hours later, way more confortable and the double headband makes sense now.

Still I think i'll go trying to make it a bit more confortable for my liking or I can just dissamble it and go blowdrier on it to reach desired results. If anything I can order a replacement headband, I truly love that feature of the headphone you can literally go meccano with it, all the parts are avaible for exchange/repair.

Oh and nice pics morbid just realized you finally got your arrow, grats.

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #3,071 of 3,208
@JamesMcProgger

I think it does can't really say at this poin, first 30minutes of listening, it sounded really high and waaaarm, 10 hours of burn in sounded really daaark moody and low, 18 hours and now is sounded more "complete" or full?, it's been quite a rollercoster, but It should just for the fact of going LOD rather than headphone output.

@MorbidToaster

At the beggining when I just took them out of the box, they where literally crushing my skill stopping all the blood flow to my brain, it sounded good but the clampness was way too much, so I did the only thing that I could thought to fix it, just go lo-fi grabbed a teddybear about the size of my head and let the headphones rest there, 12 hours later, way more confortable and the double headband makes sense now.

Still I think i'll go trying to make it a bit more confortable for my liking or I can just dissamble it and go blowdrier on it to reach desired results. If anything I can order a replacement headband, I truly love that feature of the headphone you can literally go meccano with it, all the parts are avaible for exchange/repair.

Oh and nice pics morbid just realized you finally got your arrow, grats.

Yeah, I'm really liking the Arrow so far...Although like I said...if some of my Craigslist stuff doesn't sell it will have to go to a new home WAY too soon. Hoping it doesn't come to that.

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #3,074 of 3,208
apple store?

They still haven't released the White iPhone 4 (if my memory is correct). It has to be a 'body kit'...There's quite a few of them around though...

Honestly, I think you should finish off the brushed Aluminum look. I've seen a Brushed silver body for an iPhone 4 around Head-Fi somewhere. That's be icing on the cake of those rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back