Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Apr 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #3,031 of 3,208

My travel rig:

HPRC 2400F - an Italian-made, high performance resin case that is allegedly waterproof, acid proof, and unbreakable - it's equipped with an automatic pressure equalization valve that excludes water, dust, etc.  (Touch shown for scale):

96/24 and 44.1/16 WAV files on 32-GB microSD cards > Sony PCM-M10 flash deck (96-kHz/24-bit capable recorder/player) > Line Out > Milian Acoustics SPOFC kevlar-sleeved interconnect cable > Meier-Audio Corda Stepdance - operated at the maximum allowed 15-Volts using the Energizer XP8000 Lithium Polymer battery pack with XPAL WI15 voltage regulator cable > Audeze LCD-2

A stock Audeze headphone cable is carried behind the foam, in the lid.  The charger for the XP8000 and spare AA's for the PCM-M10 are also carried. Unmounted microSD cards are underneath the PCM-M10.

Having opened the case, it only takes about 45 seconds to ready everything for use, as shown above.

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #3,032 of 3,208

Yeah. This is probably the most jealous I've been of any portable rig. It's just stunning. The case itself alone is awesome enough but listening like that on the go...Wow.

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #3,035 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
This one is better built ; http://cgi.ebay.com/IPod-IPhone-Ultra-low-profile-LINE-OUT-DOCK-LOD-SPOFC-/180621802503?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item2a0de5fc07

It's also 15 or so dollars more than the FiiO. And honestly, I'd prefer the FiiO if you're looking for something a little more rugged. Their early LOD (L1) was questionable and felt cheap, but the L3 and L9 are built very well.

The Fiio Lod is a Cheap toy, I've had them, and they have failed, this guy uses Cardas solder and neutrik connectors, if this lod breaks, it can be fixed, if a fiio lod breaks you throw it out (like their amps
wink_face.gif
)

Markl adrenaline cable btw

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #3,036 of 3,208

The Fiio Lod is a Cheap toy, I've had them, and they have failed, this guy uses Cardas solder and neutrik connectors, if this lod breaks, it can be fixed, if a fiio lod breaks you throw it out (like their amps
wink_face.gif
)

I will side with you on that about the L1, but not the L3. The L3 was great for the price and felt like it was worth much more, IMO. It was very solid and I never had sound problems with mine.

As I said before, it's a nicer LOD, sure. But it's double the price (depending on shipping). It all depends on what people are willing to wait for and how much they think the price would change the sound.

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #3,037 of 3,208

Quote:
I will side with you on that about the L1, but not the L3. The L3 was great for the price and felt like it was worth much more, IMO. It was very solid and I never had sound problems with mine.

As I said before, it's a nicer LOD, sure. But it's double the price (depending on shipping). It all depends on what people are willing to wait for and how much they think the price would change the sound.

Free shipping worldwide, for the sake of civility, we should just leave it at that...

Apr 18, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #3,040 of 3,208
@zilch0md  That looks completely devoted and at the same time waaaaay awesome, so... how has been your experience with planes carrying that?, any funny looks?.

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #3,041 of 3,208
Hi Zabardo,

Quote:
@zilch0md  That looks completely devoted and at the same time waaaaay awesome, so... how has been your experience with planes carrying that?, any funny looks?.

Thanks!

I haven't flown with it yet.  I only received the case this past Saturday, customized the pluck foam, and snapped the pictures.

I showed it to two co-workers today, of many who came by my office, so I was pretty discreet with it, really.

They listened and freaked as you might expect, but it's so bling I couldn't quite keep my head from swelling - like a country bumpkin driving around in a rented Ferrari.  I'll get over that soon enough, I guess. 

redface.gif

Mike

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #3,042 of 3,208

Quote:
Hi Zabardo,

Thanks!

I haven't flown with it yet.  I only received the case this past Saturday, customized the pluck foam, and snapped the pictures.

I showed it to two co-workers today, of many who came by my office, so I was pretty discreet with it, really.

They listened and freaked as you might expect, but it's so bling I couldn't quite keep my head from swelling - like a country bumpkin driving around in a rented Ferrari.  I'll get over that soon enough, I guess. 

redface.gif

Mike

you need one item to complete your ensemble... a good pair of handcuffs.
the only way to carry a rig like that is to handcuff it to your wrist.  not really for security, just for bad assery.

thanks

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #3,043 of 3,208

Quote:

you need one item to complete your ensemble... a good pair of handcuffs.
the only way to carry a rig like that is to handcuff it to your wrist.  not really for security, just for bad assery.

thanks

I second that botachtactical had a good selection

Apr 19, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #3,045 of 3,208
I think you should put a Radioactive sticker on the front, just for kicks.

Especially when you say you've been discreet about it, it would look very dodgy should anyone see you walking around trying not to be noticed carrying a big scary briefcase that has a radioactive sticker on it.

I second this but don't just get like...a sticker. You've gotta get one that matches the case and is a vinyl peel off thing so it looks really official. The looks would be hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back