Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Feb 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #2,536 of 3,208

Quote:

can you explain the reason you did your tips like this?  what was the reason? what was the sound before and after?  obviously you must prefer it this way.
cool idea. 
thanks. 

This all started when I was torn between liking the Sony Hybrids better for their cleanliness and comfort, but the Complys better for their isolation.  I did this only a couple of days ago, so I'll need more time before judging the impacts on the SQ, but I can say the isolation versus only Hybrids is better.  The comfort isn't quite as good as only Hybrids, but it's still comfy (more-so than dirty Complys), AND I don't have to toss-out complys every month or so just because of wax build-up.  I'll do a more serious SQ eval later in the week, but so far, it still seems to be pretty on-par with the TF10s typical V-shape.

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #2,540 of 3,208

Quote:
Can you compare the HM601's SQ to that of the T51? Awesome rigs btw. I thought mine was impressive but these are just awesome. :)

Thank you :).

To be honest, I did not compare the T51 and the Hm601 directly yet. There is some kind of rotation system in the equipment I use, so I make sure I use every DAP and headphone. Till now all I can say is that most aspects from the Hm601 give me more pleasure, than the T51 can, except the highs. Especially today, when I tried the RE-Zeros with the T51, highs were amazing. The HM601s highs are somehow cut off. The reason for this seems to be some kind of filter... Actually I wanted to writa a comparison review about those two, but at the moment there is a lot of work with my Diploma thesis :frowning2:...

EDIT: Your Location tells me that you are an EU-citizen. Consider when buying the HM601, that there are gigantic customs to pay for both the EU and the country you live in. I payd somwhere around 75€ extra...

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2,542 of 3,208

Quote:
Can you compare the HM601's SQ to that of the T51? Awesome rigs btw. I thought mine was impressive but these are just awesome. :)

I wrote something in the 602 thread I believe including the DACPort.  The T51 has the more obvious neutral signature off the bat and its a solid player w/ full, rich, natural body compared to some smaller Sansa players.  Once you acclimate to the filter on the 60x NOS DAC it is on another level of refinement, detail, resolution and musicality compared to the T51.  It is obviously more resolving and couple that w/ being more pleasant to listen to overall, especially extended listening.  The DACPort is a detail retrieving monster and resolves beyond both.  However, compared to my 602 can sound a bit more harsh or 'digital' if you become acclimated to something like the NOS DAC.  All impressions via LO to Arrow except the DACPort, YMMV.

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #2,543 of 3,208

Quote:
I wrote something in the 602 thread I believe including the DACPort.  The T51 has the more obvious neutral signature off the bat and its a solid player w/ full, rich, natural body compared to some smaller Sansa players.  Once you acclimate to the filter on the 60x NOS DAC it is on another level of refinement, detail, resolution and musicality compared to the T51.  It is obviously more resolving and couple that w/ being more pleasant to listen to overall, especially extended listening.  The DACPort is a detail retrieving monster and resolves beyond both.  However, compared to my 602 can sound a bit more harsh or 'digital' if you become acclimated to something like the NOS DAC.  All impressions via LO to Arrow except the DACPort, YMMV.

Maybe I should add to my poor comparison from before, that it was all from the HO and not the LO on both, the T51 and HM601.

Feb 23, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #2,544 of 3,208

My updated portable rig. Changed the UM3x for some W3, and i prefer the presentation, the UM were too upfront for my liking. Only drawback with the W3s is that they are ridiculously bassy
eek.gif
, but EQu sorts it out. I'm waiting for my Fuze LOD to come, and hopefully i won't have to carry the iphone around with the amp...

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #2,548 of 3,208
That last shot looks great! Nice setup.

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #2,549 of 3,208
nice gear, nice cam, nice shot 
happy_face1.gif

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #2,550 of 3,208
Loving the pendulum popping up in the last couple of posts, literally just got done listening to "Witchcraft" =) I have Cowon J3 -> ATH-m50
beyersmile.png
.  My girl has Zune HD -> xb500. No camera though just wanted to comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back