Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #2,043 of 3,208
Hey guys, I don't mean to thread hijack, but what would you guys recommend as a great budget DAP? I need something with 8 gigs or preferably more.

And...

Ultrasone Proline 750 or UE TF10?

Thanks.

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #2,050 of 3,208
I was asking because, IMO the uDac is very middle of the line. It is just a DAC. Nothing more. Not a good one. Not a great one. Just meh. My Droid comes very close to it IMO.
I think my uDac MAY have a SLIGHT problem with my left channel. Once in a while it get rattley. Sorta like grattle but with all of my headphones. It does it maybe once every couple of listenings, in the same spots in recordings. Odd.

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #2,051 of 3,208
@11amaberry, 

Please refrain from making comparisons of equipment you've never used.  I own the NuForce Icon HDP (a $450 amp/DAC) and the Clip+ and the Clip+ is amazingly similar.  The Clip+ also sounds better than any iPod I've ever owned (iTouch, Classic, Video, Nano & Shuffle), better than any Sony I've ever owned, and about the same as my ESI Dr. DAC.  It's only been bested by my Cowon J3 and Icon HDP.

With Rockbox and some subtle EQ adjustments and the Clip+ is an amazing device with very few flaws.

Don't get sucked into the "$$$ = SQ" crowd.

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #2,052 of 3,208

Quote:
@11amaberry, 

Please refrain from making comparisons of equipment you've never used.  I own the NuForce Icon HDP (a $450 amp/DAC) and the Clip+ and the Clip+ is amazingly similar.  The Clip+ also sounds better than any iPod I've ever owned (iTouch, Classic, Video, Nano & Shuffle), better than any Sony I've ever owned, and about the same as my ESI Dr. DAC.  It's only been bested by my Cowon J3 and Icon HDP.

With Rockbox and some subtle EQ adjustments and the Clip+ is an amazing device with very few flaws.

Don't get sucked into the "$$$ = SQ" crowd.

Well said!
beerchug.gif

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #2,054 of 3,208
@ SoulSyde

Are you talking about with no EQ, or with EQ? I personally like my iTouch 2G better than my Cowon J3 with no EQ. But, with EQ, the J3 is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back