Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIV]
Jan 13, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #1,984 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that Cowon's decision to use Android v2.1 instead of 2.2 or 2.3, and a low power or throttled-back CPU to conserve battery life is the reason for the sluggish UI. Battery life is one of the most important features for consumers these days and Cowon understands this.

Yet battery life is for the D3 is about average...

The Android OS is way more demanding than a Flash-based OS.  In order for the D3 to not be a complete joke in regards to battery life, they would have to monitor the CPU usage.

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #1,987 of 3,208
Great pictures! I'll have to snap a picture of mine here soon.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #1,993 of 3,208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is my new rig, maybe not highly portable but should be ok and I also have Corda Headsixx to use instead of Stepdance.

Quote:
This is some nice rig. I have to ask: How does it sound?

T5Ps with the Sony X sound great and adding Stepdance makes them fabulous. I really like them. I do not have too much time to listen to them ATM, but so far I am happy with them.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #1,994 of 3,208

Quote:
Quote:
Here is my new rig, maybe not highly portable but should be ok and I also have Corda Headsixx to use instead of Stepdance.

This is some nice rig. I have to ask: How does it sound?

X2, there's not much out there regarding the T5P last time I checked.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #1,995 of 3,208

Quote:

T5Ps with the Sony X sound great and adding Stepdance makes them fabulous. I really like them. I do not have too much time to listen to them ATM, but so far I am happy with them.

Quote:
X2, there's not much out there regarding the T5P last time I checked.

I posted some info here: 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/499215/beyerdynamic-t5p-photos-and-first-impressions/150#post_7197029

I think these are not advertised enough. ED8 has always been presented as a premium audiophile and portable headphone while T5ps are nowehere to be seen really. I think they deserve more attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back